This post is also available in: Español
Pasta aglio e olio is the Italian name of the most delicious summer dish: pasta with garlic and olive oil.
No need to say that I’m a garlic lover, killer, you name it and if it’s related to garlic, that’s me.
Pasta aglio e olio is not only my favorite comfort food: the food that I want to eat when I’m extremely happy and the food I want if I’m stressed or sad too.
Pasta with olive oil and garlic is also my favorite food, over all the food that can be eaten on this Earth. Sometimes I found myself asking: Do you mind if I do pasta with olive oil and garlic…again? Fortunately, I never get a no for an answer because we all love pasta aglio e olio.
This recipe proves, one more time, that the simpler the better. You just need six ingredients, including salt and crushed red pepper to create a light yet flavorful dish.
The first thing is to flavor the olive oil by sautéing the garlic. For many years I wrongly believed that garlic should be only sautéed until golden. By avoiding the garlic to get brown, I thought I would prevent the oil from getting a bitter flavor. Wrong!
One day, by mistake I let the garlic to get really brownish —almost burned, I would say— and instead of discarding it, I decided to use it. The result: crunchy garlic chips and the best pasta aglio e olio ever!
To contrast with the strong garlic flavor, parsley is the key ingredient. When I first began having this pasta I used to sprinkle some minced parsley on my plate.
Now I like to add parsley not as a garnish, but as a “main” ingredient. Its fresh crispiness perfectly balances the crunchy tart flavor of the garlic.
I like this pasta either with Capelli d’Angelo (Angel’s Hair) or Vermicelli and guess what: dinner can be done un 10 minutes! B I N G O!
How to make pasta aglio e olio
To make this delicious pasta aglio e olio, you’ll need some kitchen tools and ingredients easy to find online using my Amazon Affiliate Program:
- Cutting Board
- Chef knives
- Pasta pot and strainer
- Pasta server
- Vermicelli or Capellini
- Olive oil
- Red pepper flakes
Following is my recipe. I hope you like it as much as I do.
Pasta aglio e olio
- 1 package of Angel Hair or Vermicelli
- ¾ cup of olive oil
- 10-12 garlic cloves finely sliced
- 1 cup curled parsley coarsely chopped
- Coarse sea salt
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Parmesan or Grana Padano cheese
- n pot over high heat, put the water to cook the pasta to boil.
- Add the olive oil to a saucepan on medium heat and sauté the garlic for about 8-10 minutes, until golden brown. Set aside.
- In the meantime, add salt to the water and cook the pasta al dente.
- When the pasta is done, strain it. To stop the cooking, let some fresh water run on top of the pasta and strain it again.
- Put the pasta in a bowl, add the olive oil and garlic, season with salt to taste, add parsley and stir.
- Serve warm with red pepper flakes and cheese.
Thank you for saving and sharing this pasta with garlic and olive oil recipe on Pinterest.
Check some of my favorite pasta recipes:
- Anchovy and Zucchini Linguine
- Linguine alla Puttanesca
- Pasta all’amatriciana
- Pasta al filetto di pomodoro
- Pasta Primavera with Anchovy Creme
- Penne all’arrabbiata
- Pumpkin Tagliatelle Alfredo