While living in Caracas, every Saturday I used to religiously buy filetto di pomodoro sauce at Via Appia Express. But now that I’ve assumed I’m a tomato snob, no way! I do my own thing and the flavor and texture and aromas are just priceless! The trick is peeling and seeding the tomatoes. Once again, the simpler the better. I hope you like my recipe. Buon appetito!
Pasta al filetto di pomodoro
- 5 pounds 2.5 kilos of ripe tomatoes peeled, seeded and sliced
- 10 garlic cloves finely sliced
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups of fresh basil leaves
- Coarse sea salt
- 1 package of spinach tagliatelli
- red crushed pepper
- Parmesan cheese shredded I used parmigiano reggiano
- Cook pasta al dente in boiling water, strain it and let some fresh water run on top to stop cooking. Strain it again.
- In a saucepan add the oil and cook the garlic on medium heat until it start to get golden, around 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomato slices and cook them for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the basil leaves and salt to taste.
- Add the pasta to the pan and stir.
- Serve in a pasta dish with some red crushed pepper and Parmesan cheese.
Thank you for saving and sharing this Pasta al filetto di pomodoro recipe on Pinterest.2