Pasta alla puttanesca.With Lent here, it is time for me to share these delicious black linguini alla puttanesca.
Although I prepared the recipe with black linguini, made with squid ink, brought from Italy and bought at Marky’s, a gourmet grocery store here in Miami, this sugo alla puttanesca can be eaten with any kind of noodles
I used these linguini because I like the contrast with the red puttanesca but also because since puttanesca calls for anchovies, I thought it would be perfect to have ink squid noodles.
In Italian, the word putta means prostitute, so, literally, pasta alla puttanesca is pasta in the prostitutes’s style.
In fact, this is a sauce as simple as it is tasty, which, except for the garlic, is prepared without fresh ingredients, such as even a prostitute would have in his kitchen: tomatoes, olives, capers, anchovies, oregano and peperoncino.
I garnish it with fresh parsley because I like the contrast of colors and flavors that it brings.
Since some of the ingredientes like the olives, capers and anchovies, are salty, I don’t add any salt. I hope you like my recipe.
Black Linguini alla Puttanesca
- 1 package of pasta cooked al dente spaghetti or linguini
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic fillet
- 1 28-oz can of peeled tomatoes with their juice
- ⅓ cup black olives seeded, minced
- 4 tablespoons baby capers
- 1 can of anchovy fillets minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Peperoncino red pepper flakes
- In a deep frying pan over medium heat, sauté the garlic in olive oil, until it begins to get golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and mash them with a fork.
- Add the olives, capers, anchovies, oregano and peperoncino and cook for about 8-10 minutes.
- Toss peperoncino, add the pasta, stir and serve with chopped parsley.
Did you make this recipe?Tag @enrilemoine on Instagram and hashtag it #byenrilemoine. Thank you!
- 40 Must-Have Recipes to Elevate Your Memorial Day Cookout - May 24, 2023
- Driving Hyundai’s IONIQ 6 in Savannah: The Future is Today! - May 15, 2023
- Venezuelan Chicha de Arroz: Rice & Milk Drink Recipe - April 12, 2023