I was craving for these anchovy and zucchini linguine for a while.
I have a romance with strong flavors and the combination of garlic, anchovies and red pepper flakes is a super powerful one. So, when I saw chef Neil Perry’s recipe here, it was bingo!
In this dish, the firm and almost crispy texture of the shredded zucchini prevails.
However, its delicate flavor is definitely dominated by the strong taste of both the anchovies and the hot red chili pepper flakes.
Linguine or linguini?
I first shared this anchovy and zucchini pasta recipe in 2010. The old pics were ugly. They were taken with a Blackberry (can you believe it?). So, I took them again in the spring of 2019. While updating this post, I learned that it’s ok to write linguini or linguine. Isn’t this cool?
Back in 2010, it wasn’t trendy to eat zucchini noodles. So, for me having this linguini with tons of zucchini was a great way to enjoy my favorite food (pasta) with an overdose of flavorful sautéed zucchini.
This is the kind of recipe I love. Not only can this be made in less than 15 minutes. In spite of the fact it only have five ingredients, it’s full of flavor!
The stars of this dish are the anchovies and the garlic. Because anchovies are by nature super salty, I used just a pinch of coarse sea salt in its preparation (plus the salt in the water to cook the pasta.)
This pasta is the perfect lunch or dinner for spring and summer time.
I hope you like this delicious pasta recipe as much as I do.
Pair it with a cold beer or, even better, a chilly Pinot Grigio and you will thank me.
Anchovy and Zucchini Linguine
- 1 package of linguine cooked al dente
- 6 cups of shredded zucchini
- 6 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 cans of anchovy fillets in olive oil 4 ounces
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Grated Parmesan cheese I used Grana Padano
- Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large saucepan on medium heat.
- In a mortar, muddle the anchovy fillets until they become a paste.
- Add the garlic and anchovy puree to the saucepan and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the zucchini and red pepper flakes and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add the linguine and stir. You may need to add more olive oil.
- Serve with grated cheese.
Thank you for saving and sharing this anchovy and zucchini pasta recipe on Pinterest.
Hungry for more linguine recipes? Check these out:
- Black Linguini alla Puttanesca
- Linguini with Pesto alla Trapanese
- Creamy Linguini & Leeks and Green Onions
For more pasta recipes, click here.0