This post is also available in: Español
Mini Caprese Salad.Today is this blog’s first anniversary.So, I decided to toast with something different.This is my mini Caprese salad.It’s made with little mozzarella pearls, so cute that they are only one third of the size of a regular bocconcini.
She served the mini foods in little china dishes, the same my sister and I used to play with our dolls.To make the salad even more festive, I served it in these glasses that are between a flute and a Martini glass. Isn’t this cute? Ah, and this salad was part of our picnic menu last Sunday at the Hollywood Bowl!
Mini Caprese Salad
- 1 ½ cup of mini cherry tomatoes
- 1 ½ cup of mozzarella pearls
- ½ cup of fresh basil leaves divided
- A pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove pressed with the blade of a knife
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Coarse sea salt
- In a food processor, process half of the basil with the garlic, salt to taste and olive oil to make the salad dressing.
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, mozzarella, red pepper and the rest of the basil. Add the salad dressing and stir until combined.