- 1 package of gemelli
- 8 slices of frozen unsmoked bacon cut in 1/4 inch strips
- 2 garlic clove minced
- 1 ½ onion finely chopped
- ¼ Tsp. of dried crushed red pepper
- 1 Tbsp. of balsamic vinegar
- 2 pounds of ripe cherry tomatoes halved
- Pecorino cheese grated
- In a large saucepan, sauté the bacon on medium heat until crispy, around 5 minutes.
- Reserve half of the bacon.
- Add the garlic, onion and red pepper to the sauce pan and sauté them in the bacon fat, until translucent, around 10 minutes.
- Stir the vinegar and add the tomatoes.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, put the water for the pasta to boil. Cook the pasta and once it’s al dente, strain it and let some fresh water run on top to stop cooking. Strain again.
- Add the pasta to the saucepan with the sauce. If the pasta looks dry, add some of the pasta water and stir.
- Serve and garnish with the reserved bacon and pecorino cheese.
Thank you for saving and sharing this pasta all’amatriciana recipe on Pinterest.