I hope you like my mini cherry tomato and rosemary focaccia.
Cherry Tomato and Rosemary Focaccia
- 1 cup of warm water
- 2 Tbs. of sugar
- 2 Tsp. of dry yeast
- 3 ½ cups of unbleached flour
- 1 Tsp. of coarse sea salt
- ¼ cup of olive oil plus more for brushing and the topping
- 2 Tbs. of cornmeal for dusting
- 1 big onion finely sliced
- The leaves of 3-4 rosemary sprigs
- 2 cups of pearl grape or cherry tomatoes
- In a small bowl dissolve the sugar in the water.
- Add the yeast and let stand until foamy, about 15 minutes.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer or food processor, using the dough blade, combine the flour, water, sugar and yeast mix and the olive oil.
- Process until the dough becomes a ball, around 1.5 minutes.
- Increase the speed and process, adding more flour if necessary, for 3 more minutes, until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in an oil coated bowl.
- Brush the dough with olive oil so no skin will form and cover it with a damp kitchen towel.
- Let the dough rise until it doubles its size, at least 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a big frying pan over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sauté the onions with the rosemary for 5 minutes until translucent. Reserve.
- Cover two baking sheets with parchment paper and sprinkle with the cornmeal.
- Divide the dough and roll and stretch it out into the baking sheets, giving them oblong shapes about 1/2-inch thick.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Uncover the dough and dimple with your fingertips.
- Brush the surface with olive oil.
- Place a tomato in every dot and the cover focaccia with onion and rosemary.
- Generously sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
Thank you for saving and sharing this cherry tomato and rosemary focaccia recipe on Pinterest.0