I make this pizza dough recipe at least once a week. Mostly on Fridays.When my son Tomás Eugenio (7), was 5 years old, he certainly believed that we could make “a fortune” by selling this recipe to Pizza Hut (like Mr. Krabs and his formula for the popular Krabby Patty in Sponge Bob’s cartoon.) Wasn’t he cute?Business oriented as he is, my other son Andrés Ignacio (9) thinks when he grows up, he may “invest” in a restaurant and it’s a good thing that “Mom has her blog with all those recipes”.I have fun with my boys. They are the main reason I make this recipe almost every Friday: determined as they are, they decided that on Friday night dinner must be pizza!Another reason is this is a no-knead, worry free dough, super easy to make. For my kids I mostly make Margherita pizza with tomato sauce and tons of shredded mozzarella. For the teen and senior department, we love to experiment with roasted tomatoes, goat cheese, pesto, caramelized onions, bacon, figs, prosciutto, arugula and whatever we crave…
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1 Tbs. of sugar
- 1 Tbs. active dry yeast
- 3 cups of unbleached flour plus 2 tbs. to flour the surface where the dough will be rolled
- 2 Tbs. of extra virgin olive oil
- In a small bowl dissolve the sugar in the water.
- Add the yeast and let stand until foamy, about 15 minutes.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer or food processor, using the dough blade, combine the flour, water, sugar and yeast mix and the olive oil.
- Process until the dough becomes a ball, around 1.5 minutes.
- Place the dough in oil coated bowl and cover it with a damp kitchen towel.
- Let the dough rise until it doubles its size, at least 25 minutes.
- Divide the dough in half and roll out.
Did you make this recipe?Tag @enrilemoine on Instagram and hashtag it #byenrilemoine. Thank you!
- 40 Must-Have Recipes to Elevate Your Memorial Day Cookout - May 24, 2023
- Driving Hyundai’s IONIQ 6 in Savannah: The Future is Today! - May 15, 2023
- Venezuelan Chicha de Arroz: Rice & Milk Drink Recipe - April 12, 2023