This post is also available in: Español
Tomato & Basil Bruschette
- 1-2 baguettes sliced ½ inch thick better if they are a little bit old, instead of fresh
- 2 garlic cloves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 cups of fresh tomatoes diced
- 2 Tbs. fresh basil leaves coarsely chopped
- Coarse sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 275°F.
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes with the basil and a pinch of salt and let marinate until the bruschette are ready to be eaten.
- Rub the bread slices with the garlic cloves and then brush them with olive oil.
- Put the bread in a tray and bake it in the oven for 12-15 minutes. This will allow the oil to bring the garlic flavor and lightly toast the bread.
- When the toasts start to look golden, turn off the heat and take the tray from the oven. Let the toasts cool down.
- Just before serving, to avoid the toasts to get mushy, put the tomato and basil mix on top.
Thank you for saving and sharing this Tomato & Basil Bruschette recipe on Pinterest.0