This black bean and grilled corn salad is a tasty and nutritious dish. You can serve it as an appetizer or side dish. It’s also perfect now that the grilling season is in full swing.
I have a love affair with legumes. There’s nothing I like more than a lentil soup, black bean soup, black-eyed pea soup… But since this is not the season to have hot stuff, I make them in salads. I even made a delicious black bean hummus recently.
Legumes are a source of protein with no fat or cholesterol. They are also an important source of carbohydrates, so they satisfy you and give you tons of energy.
I must be getting older. Because now I worry about these things that I didn’t care about before. C’est la vie…
A Feast of Colors, Flavors, and Textures
Confessions aside, this salad is a true explosion of colors, textures, and flavors. Black beans, grilled corn, red bell pepper, tomato, and red onion with a lot of fresh cilantro.
How to Make Black Bean and Grilled Corn Salad
I made this salad with canned black beans and grilled and shelled corn cobs. But you can make with canned corn. The rest, is a breeze.
Either way, what follows is the list of utensils and ingredients needed to make this recipe. You can easily buy them online, through my Amazon Affiliate Program:
Black Bean and Grilled Corn Salad Recipe
Black Bean & Grilled Corn Salad with Cilantro
- 1 ½ cups black beans cooked and drained
- 1 ½ cups corn kernels from grilled cobs
- 1 cup tomato seeded and diced
- ½ cup red onion minced
- ¼ cup red bell pepper finely diced
- 1 ½ cups cilantro leaves washed and dried
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- Coarse sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl combine the beans, corn, tomato, onion, pepper and cilantro.
- In a cup, combine the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and mix to emulsify.
- Add the vinaigrette to the salad and toss.
- Cover and marinate in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- Serve cold.