This post is also available in: Español
This zesty Latin quinoa salad is one of my favorite lunches these days. Fresh, colorful, I simply adore the fact this salad is made out of quinoa as the main ingredient.
It also comes with a variety of colorful ingredients. All of them combined, make this zesty quinoa salad a Latin explosion of flavors.
Abundant fresh cilantro leaves, red bell pepper, jalapeño, red onion… All these ingredients finely chopped, are complemented with black beans and sweet corn kernels.
To make this salad even more appealing, I jazz it up with a zesty dressing. By combining lime zest and juice with extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, agave nectar and pink salt from the Himalayas, I create a delicious citrusy vinaigrette.
On its own, this zesty Latin quinoa salad makes a protein-packed lunch to have either at home or on the go. It’s also a nice appetizer or side dish to pair with poultry, fish or beef.
Why is Quinoa a superfood?
I love quinoa because it’s gluten-free, packed with fiber and protein, and it’s also very satisfying. But the reason I love quinoa the most it’s because for me it’s like neutral vehicle to transport all the flavor and textures of whatever ingredients in a myriad of combinations.
How to Make Zesty Latin Quinoa Salad
I hope you like this recipe as much as I do. Please watch and like my video demo on how to make the perfect quinoa and if you haven’t done so yet, please subscribe to my YouTube channel. Thank you for visiting my Amazon Store.
Zesty Latin Quinoa Salad
- 2 cups of quinoa cooked
- 1 cup red bell pepper finely diced
- 1 cup red onion finely chopped
- ¼ cup of jalapeño pepper finely chopped
- 2 cups of cilantro leaves chopped
- 1 can of organic black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can of sweet corn kernels drained
For the Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of agave nectar
- the zest of a lime
- pink salt from the Himalayas
- In a big bowl add all the ingredients for the salad and stir well.
- In a small bowl, add all the ingredients for the vinaigrette and mix with a fork to emulsify.
- Add the vinaigrette to the salad and mix to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate at least for 1 hour before serving.
You may like my other delicious quinoa recipes:
Red Quinoa Tabule
Cranberry Almonds Warm Quinoa1