This pumpkin-spice bread with orange zest is the best pumpkin loaf you will ever bake. Moist, soft, with subtle orange notes and the aroma of the spices of the season: ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice…
As a member of the Amazon Affiliate Program, I receive compensation for products sold through the affiliate links in this post at no cost to the buyer.
Pumpkin Bread or Pumpkin Cake?
Does anybody have this obsession with loaf pans? I adore baking loaf-shaped bread: banana bread, oatmeal cranberry-banana bread, chocolate-cranberry banana bread, gingerbread, Meyer lemon bread with pecans, Meyer lemon pound cake… you name it!
Some of them are more like a cake, but because I bake them in loaf pans, they are an easy treat for breakfast or as a snack. This pumpkin-spice bread falls more into that cakey-ish category.
Not too sweet, the perfect balance between the orange citrus and the spices, makes this pumpkin-spice loaf a hard-to-resist temptation, especially during the fall season.
As some of you may know, I live in Miami. Autumn here is just an entelechy, a dream. But if you want to make that dream come true, there is nothing like baking this easy pumpkin-spice bread.
How to Make Pumpkin-Spice Bread with Orange Zest
All you have to do is:
- Follow Put dry ingredients in a bowl, and whisk them until well combined.
- Cream butter and brown sugar, add the eggs one at a time. and beat them.
- Add orange zest and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and beat until well combined.
- Add canned pumpkin puré and mix well.
- Bake at 350F for 55 minutes and wait until it cools down to enjoy it.
To make this recipe, you’ll need some utensils and ingredients, including:
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Electric mixer
- Silicon spatula
- Loaf baking pan
- Dark brown sugar
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Baking Spray
Pumpkin Spice Bread Recipe
Following is the recipe that I slightly adapted from this one I found at Williams-Sonoma.
Pumpkin-Spice Bread with Orange Zest
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 10 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients: flour, spices, baking powder, and baking soda. Reserve.
- In another bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter and sugar until creamy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one by one, and continue beating 1 minute per egg.
- Add the orange zest and combine.
- Add dry ingredients and beat until well blended.
- Add the pumpkin puree and mix well.
- Spray a loaf pan with baking spray.
- With the help of a silicone spatula, pour the mixture into the pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out completely clean.
- Cool completely and unmold.
I first made this bread back in the fall of 2012. Following are some of my old pics.