This Oatmeal Cranberry-Banana Bread recipe is sponsored by The Quaker Oats Company. Thank you for reading and supporting the brands that make Savoir Faire possible.
I didn’t know January was National Oatmeal Month. It makes sense though because everybody’s New Year’s resolutions include sensible eating habits. Well, it’s already mid-February and I’m committed to eating more oatmeal.
Better than a Banana Bread
Precisely with that in mind, I created this super moist, not so sweet, and hearty oatmeal cranberry-banana bread. It’s delicious as a breakfast option and also as a snack.
When you taste it you won’t believe what I’m going to tell you. A loaf that serves 15 portions only has ¼ cup of melted butter. It only has ¼ cup of lightly packed brown sugar. Even better, it comes with 1 cup of Old Fashioned Quaker Oats. Bingo!
How to make Oatmeal Cranberry-Banana Bread
The trick to make this so moist bread is to hydrate the oats with fat-free milk. Once hydrated, the oats are combined with mashed bananas.
To add some texture, it comes with crunchy pecans and sweet and sour dry cranberries. For the pecans and cranberry to be evenly distributed on the bread, I cover them with flour before adding them to the batter.
This bread is really good a few days later when you slice it and toast it.
Oatmeal Cranberry-Banana Bread Recipe
The following is a list of utensils and ingredients to make this recipe. You can find them online, through my Amazon Affiliate Program:
- All purpose flour
- Brown sugar
- Extracto de vainilla
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Dry cranberries
- Mixing bowls
- Loaf baking pan
Oatmeal Cranberry-Banana Bread
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Quaker Oats
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup brown sugar unpacked
- 1 ½ cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg freshly grounded
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cover a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine oats and milk, mix well and let stand 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in mashed bananas, eggs, butter and vanilla extract, until blended.
- In another bowl, combine 1 ½ cups of flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Add the oat and banana mixture to dry ingredients and stir so all ingredients are incorporated.
- In two-separated bowls toss cranberries and pecans each with 1 tablespoon of flour.
- With a spatula, fold pecans and cranberries into the batter.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool down in a wire rack for 10 minutes. Let cool down completely before cutting.