This post is also available in: Español
This Oatmeal Cranberry-Banana Bread is sponsored by The Quaker Oats Company, but all opinions and love for oatmeal are my own. Thank you for reading and supporting the brands Savoir Faire partners with, so I can continue creating and sharing delicious recipes like this one.I didn’t know January was National Oatmeal Month. It makes sense though, because everybody’s New Year’s resolutions include sensible eating habits. Well, it’s already mid February and I’m committed to eat more oatmeal.Precisely with that in mind, I created this super moist, not so sweet and hearty oatmeal cranberry-banana bread that is delicious as a breakfast option and also as a snack.
When you taste it you won’t believe that a loaf that serves 15 portions only has ¼ cup of melted butter and ¼ cup of lightly packed brown sugar, and it comes with 1 cup of Old Fashioned Quaker Oats.The trick to make this so moist bread is to hydrate the oats with fat free milk and once hydrated combine them with mashed bananas.To add some texture, it comes with crunchy pecans and sweet and sour dry cranberries.This bread is really good a few days later when you slice it and toast it.
I hope you like my recipe. In the meantime I invite you to be a part of this wonderful Quaker giveaway. They are giving away a $500 prize pack including a KitchenAid Mixer! Good luck to everyone. No purchase necessary. End 03.7.2018.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Make sure you watch my video and subscribe to my Youtube channel:
Oatmeal Cranberry-Banana Bread
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Quaker Oats
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup brown sugar unpacked
- 1 ½ cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg freshly grounded
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cover a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine oats and milk, mix well and let stand 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in mashed bananas, eggs, butter and vanilla extract, until blended.
- In another bowl, combine 1 ½ cups of flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Add the oat and banana mixture to dry ingredients and stir so all ingredients are incorporated.
- In two-separated bowls toss cranberries and pecans each with 1 tablespoon of flour.
- With a spatula, fold pecans and cranberries into the batter.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool down in a wire rack for 10 minutes. Let cool down completely before cutting.
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: Check on Amazon
- Price: Check on Amazon
- Price: $7.69Was: $8.25
- Price: $2.19