This Eggs in a Sofrito Nest or simply eggs with sofrito recipe is sponsored by Fresh From Florida as part of an influencer activation for Influence Central. All opinions expressed, the recipe and my love for fresh Florida produce are my own. Thank you for reading and supporting the brands that make Savoir Faire possible.First of all, I have to make it clear, I’m an urban girl who a couple of years ago had the amazing and unique opportunity of growing a kitchen garden. After that, I became a locavore and my relationship with food changed for good.I was my own farmer’s market for more than five years. When I moved from Southern California to South Florida I faced the fact that I didn’t have a kitchen garden anymore. Once I settled in Miami, I vainly tried to find a community garden close to my new home.Instead of getting frustrated, I started to discover our local farmer’s markets and learned that the best produce you can buy at the grocery stores is Fresh From Florida. I learned the best time to shop is from Monday to Friday in the morning, when the produce just arrives from the farms.
I also met the farmers. Well, in photos. There are grocery stores, like Publix, for example, that even show you the photos of the tomato producers. That is how proud we are of our local farmers and their produce. They are usually families that have been in the business from generation to generation. Even better, I learned that when it is the winter season all over the country, it’s tomato and strawberry season in Florida: the best tomatoes and strawberries money can buy, thanks to the mild South Florida winter.So, inspired by my Florida juicy and fleshy tomatoes, plus some red bell peppers, I made my favorite sofrito, to cook these eggs, which I garnished with fresh parsley. I hope you like my recipe and support our local economy buying Fresh From Florida. To make sure you are getting the right stuff, search for this logo:
Eggs with sofrito
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ Cup white onion, finely chopped
- ½ Cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 Cups tomatoes, finely diced
- 4 eegs
- 4 corn tortillas
- Coarse sea salt
- red pepper flakes
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the oil and sauté the onions and red bell pepper until wilted, around 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, season with salt a red pepper flakes, stir and cook for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- With a wooden spoon, create 4 nests in the sofrito. Crack the eggs individually and carefully place them in each nest. Cook undisturbed until the eggs are done (I like mine soft).
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- In the meantime, heat the tortillas in a pan over medium heat, 30-45 seconds per side.
- Serve and egg with sofrito over each tortilla and eat inmediately.
Thank you for saving this eggs with sofrito recipe on Pinterest.1