This post is also available in: Español
Fried plantain slices with pickled onion.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: pickled onions are among the most versatile ingredients in my kitchen. That being said, I admit I never would have thought to pair them with fried plantains had I not read about the recipe in chef Lorena García‘s book New Taco Classics.
Fried Plantain Slices with Pickled Onion
- 2 plantains
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil
- ½ cup of pickled onion
- Peel the plantains and cut them in two and then slice lengthwise.
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Fry the plantain slices until golden brown on both sides.
- Drain the fried plantain slice on absorbent paper towels.
- Serve and top them with pickled onion.
Thank you for saving and sharing this fried plantain slices with pickled onion recipe on Pinterest.