This post is also available in: Español
Fried plantain slices with pickled onion.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: pickled onions are among the most versatile ingredients in my kitchen. That being said, I admit I never would have thought to pair them with fried plantains had I not read about the recipe in chef Lorena García‘s book New Taco Classics.
Fried Plantain Slices with Pickled Onion
- 2 plantains
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil
- ½ cup of pickled onion
- Peel the plantains and cut them in two and then slice lengthwise.
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Fry the plantain slices until golden brown on both sides.
- Drain the fried plantain slice on absorbent paper towels.
- Serve and top them with pickled onion.
Thank you for saving and sharing this fried plantain slices with pickled onion recipe on Pinterest.
Buy what you need with the help of my Amazon affiliate links
Price: Check on Amazon