First, I have to say this pickled onions recipe is not mine. It belongs to chef Lorena García. Second (related to the first one), these onions taste like heaven (like all chef Lorena’s recipes). Third, please save it because these onions pair amazingly with lots of dishes (including fried plantains and grilled peaches and fresh goat cheese flatbread). Forth, this is a non-cook recipe that can be done in less than 10 minutes, plus the marinating time (at least half hour).
These pickled onions are good to top tacos and fried plantain.
- ¾ cup red onion thinly sliced
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a small bowl, mix the onion, vinegar, agave, cilantro and olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Let stand half an hour before serving.
Did you make this recipe?Tag @enrilemoine on Instagram and hashtag it #byenrilemoine. Thank you!
Thank you for saving and sharing this recipe on Pinterest.
Latest posts by Enri (see all)
- 40 Must-Have Recipes to Elevate Your Memorial Day Cookout - May 24, 2023
- Driving Hyundai’s IONIQ 6 in Savannah: The Future is Today! - May 15, 2023
- Venezuelan Chicha de Arroz: Rice & Milk Drink Recipe - April 12, 2023