Beef & Pork Bolognese Sauce
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cup of onion , finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic , minced
- 1 cup of celery , finely chopped
- 1 cup of carrot , finely chopped
- 2 pounds of lean ground beef
- 1 pound of lean ground pork
- 2 cups of portobello mushrooms , finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons of dried oregano
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 cups of white wine
- 1 cup of tomato paste
- 3-4 cups of water
- Coarse sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pour olive oil in a deep pan. Set to medium heat and sauté the onion, garlic, celery, and carrots for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Increase heat to medium-high and incorporate the beef and pork into the pan. Cook for about 15-20 minutes, or until the meat turns brown. Continue to stir occasionally.
- Add the portobello mushrooms and stir. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the oregano and bay leaves. Stir.
- Add the wine and cook until the liquid mermes to half.
- Add the tomato paste and stir. Then add water and stir. Bring it to boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat. Add salt and pepper and let it cook uncovered for one hour. Use more water as needed.
- Correct the seasoning.