This post is also available in: Español
These creamy fettuccine with leeks and scallions is one of those dishes that will allow you to have dinner ready in just 20 minutes!
I got the recipe, like many others in this blog, from my mom. Always ready to experiment, one day she came with this pasta. From that very day, I loved it. When I had my own place, it became a staple in my kitchen.
I love it because I love pasta and I love leeks and green onions. To bring their entire flavor, leeks and scallions are sautÃ©ed in melted butter. To transform them into a great sauce, you just need to add cream, salt and pepper.
My momâs recipe calls for green peppercorns, but I havenât seen them since I moved to Southern California (honestly, I havenât searched for them.) So, I have been using freshly ground black pepper, and it works.
A recipe close to my heart
When I was in college these creamy fettuccine with leeks and scallions were also a favorite of my fellow classmates. They loved to come to do homework and hang out at my place. I bet my popularity was tight to the fact there was always a good pasta bowl available for everyone LOL! Along with my pasta aglio e olio this recipe was one of the best-loved. Truth to be told, it’s as flavorful as itâs easy to make.
Every time I make this pasta I think about my dearest college girlfriends. My beloved Gloria Majella and Argelia Merced, ended being journalists like me. This dish also brings memories of my brother in law Coco, who is part of my life since we were in our early teens. Coco and I became closer while attending la casa que vence las sombras (the house that overcomes the shadows) as our beloved Universidad Central de Venezuela is known.
How to make Fettuccine with Leeks
I like this leek and scallion “sauce” either with fettuccine or linguine. Much better if the pasta is organic, made in Italy and crafted using the classic traditional Italian bronze plates. That is how picky Iâve become when itâs about pasta.
To make this delicious pasta dish you’ll need the following tools and ingredients, easy to find online using my Amazon Affiliate Program:
- Cutting Board
- Chef knives
- Pasta pot and strainer
- Pasta server
- Fettuccine or Linguine
- Coarse sea salt
- Black peppercons
Here is my recipe, I hope you like it as much as I do.
Creamy Fettuccine with Leeks
- 1 package of fetuccine noodles
- 4 Tablespoons of butter
- 5 cups of leeks finely sliced the white part and some of the tender green part
- 1 cup of scallions finely sliced the white part and some of the tender green part
- 2 cups of light cream
- Coarse sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Grated cheese I used Grana Padano
- Put the water for the pasta to boil. Add salt.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan on medium heat.
- Add the leeks and scallions and sautÃ© for 5 minutes, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta.
- Turn off the heat of the pan with the leeks and scallion. Add the cream and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the pasta is al dente strain it, and put in to the saucepan. Stir until well combined.
- Serve with grated cheese and crack more black pepper on top.
Thank you for sharing and saving this creamy fettuccine with leeks recipe on Pinterest.
Take a look at some of my other pasta recipes:
- Anchovy and Zucchini Linguine
- Linguine alla Puttanesca
- Pasta aglio e olio
- Pasta allâamatriciana
- Pasta al filetto di pomodoro
- Pasta primavera with anchovy creme
- Penne allâarrabbiata
- Pumpkin Tagliatelle Alfredo