This post is also available in: Español
This 3-ingredient blackberry ice cream comes with perfectly ripe fresh blackberry chunks.
It’s so easy to make, that you will thank me after reading this. And the best part: you don’t need an ice cream maker and it’s done in 15 minutes plus overnight in the freezer. That’s all! Bingo!
Summer is in the air. It is sunny most of the time, you can feel the Miami heat 24/7 and sunsets are already past 8 pm… Blackberries and raspberries are in season and being sold at derisory prices! So why don’t we treat ourselves with a delicious homemade ice cream with seasonal ingredients?
This ice cream is heavenly delicious. It’s made with frozen evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, frozen blackberry concentrated juice and fresh blackberries. Creamy? Yes, it is, but there are bites in which you get chunks of frozen berries. So it’s like having an ice cream and a sorbet all at the same time.
I must warn you though: this fruity ice cream is no gelato, not a super creamy decadent ice cream either. But it’s the perfect treat to enjoy as a dessert or during a hot summer afternoon when you don’t feel like cooking but are craving for something delicious.
How to make ice cream without an ice cream maker
To make this “fake” but delicious ice cream, you’ll need some basic tools and ingredients that you can easily find online through my Amazon Affiliate Program:
- Standing Mixer (preferable) or manual electric mixer
- Silicone spatula
- Ice cream container
- Ice cream scoop
- Ice cream glasses
- Evaporated milk
- Sweetened condensed milk
Blackberry Ice Cream
- 1 11 oz carton of evaporated milk
- 1 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups blackberry juice concentrated frozen
- 1 cup of fresh blackberries
- Add the evaporated milk to a standing mixer bowl and freeze for 3-4 hours.
- Mix with the globe at medium speed until the frozen evaporated milk triple its volume, about 7-8 minutes. Increase the speed gradually during the process.
- Continue beating and gradually add the sweetened condensed milk.
- Add the frozen blackberry concentrated juice and beat until a homogeneous mixture forms, about 5 more minutes.
- Add the berries and mix 1-2 more minutes.
- Pour in a container (I used bread loaf molthat you can put in the freezer, and freeze overnight.
- Serve with an ice cream scooper, in ice cream glasses.
Hungry for more berries recipes? Check this out:
- Arugula and strawberries salad
- Berry Pavlova
- Blueberry and lavender mojito
- Chevre, strawberry and basil bruschetta
- Chocolate-covered strawberries
- No-bake mojito cheesecake
- Strawberries and mozzarella skewers
- Strawberries with goat cheese mousse