Today’s recipe is my no-bake mojito cheesecake. This is the easiest summer dessert ever. However, it’s the result of a joint effort. How is that? Keep reading, and I’ll tell you how…
Note: Thanks to the Amazon Associates Program and other affiliate programs, I receive compensation for the products sold through the affiliate links in this post at no cost to the buyer.
How to find inspiration to create a recipe
A few days ago, my dearest friend Leticia —passionate about food styling and photography— presented her foodie friends, including me, with a picture by food photographer Joanie Simons.
It was a beautiful light green pistachio tart decorated with blueberries and blackberries. We all loved it, and Leti asked us how she could reproduce Joanie’s tart. She didn’t care about the flavor but the look. So I thought making a no-bake cheesecake would be a good idea.
She was looking for a pie crust, and I recommended Beth Le Manach’s Graham crackers crust, which allows you to hold a deep cheesecake. With the crust problem solved, Leti made a key lime pie-flavored no-bake cheesecake.
The perfect excuse to make a no-bake cheesecake
When I saw Leti’s photo, I couldn’t help but start dreaming of a no-bake mojito cheesecake. After all, the decoration included some spearmint sprigs!
Making that cheesecake became an obsession… until my son Andres (17) asked me if I could make a lime cake for his friend Chris’ birthday.
Bingo! That was a sign. All I was waiting for was to make this glorious fancy mojito cheesecake! Chris is our neighbor, a young soldier working at the Southern Command of the U.S. He was turning 24 and loves mojitos (and who doesn’t?) So, I had the perfect excuse!
How does it taste a mojito cheesecake?
The truth is this cake tastes like heaven. Like a mojito, it has subtle notes of rum and spearmint; it’s like a spiked limeade, plus the tangy flavor of the cream cheese. The texture is creamy and silky. And the best part is you don’t have to bake it!
How to make no-bake mojito cheesecake
Besides the 8 minutes to bake the Graham crackers crust, this dessert requires zero baking. This makes it perfect for hot summer days like the ones we already have in Miami. Now a couple of tricks to make it and succeed from the first time you make this dessert:
- This no-bake cheesecake can be made ahead of time and even frozen until serving time.
- To get the beautiful pastel mint color of the filling, add a few drops of the neon green food coloring by McCormick (that was Leti’s suggestion).
- Add fresh lime juice and zest to give the cheesecake its “mojito” flavor.
- Since this is a no-bake cheesecake and the alcohol in rum will not evaporate, to make a dessert children can safely have, use rum extract instead of rum.
- For an adult dessert, substitute the rum extract for 2 tablespoons of white rum.
- To get the perfect cut, freeze the cake for at least 30 minutes. This is a piece of advice for which I’ll always be grateful to my dear Angelo Taveras.
- To decorate it, use mint sprigs and fresh dark berries like blackberries and blueberries. The tartness of the berries creates a delicious contrast with the creamy, decadent cheese filling and the crunchy crust.
- If you don’t have a springform pan, get a set like mine.
No-bake mojito cheesecake easy recipe
Following is my recipe. I hope you like it as much as I do. Thanks for subscribing to my Youtube channel and visiting my Amazon shop.
No-Bake Mojito Cheesecake
For the crust
- 2 cups of Graham crackers, grounded
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 7 tablespoons of butter, melted
For the filling
- 2 8 oz. packages of cream cheese
- 1 14 oz. can of sweet condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon of rum extract
- 4 teaspoons of fresh lime juice
- the zest of 2-3 limes
- 3 drops of neon green food coloring
For the garnish
- 10 blackberries
- 20 blueberries
- 3-4 mint sprigs
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- In a bowl, with a fork, combine all the ingredients for the crust, until they look like wet sand.
- Add the crackers mixture to a 9-inch springform pan and distribute it evenly. Make a fist-bump-type motion to create a crumb wall up the side of the springform pan.
- Make sure the crumbs cover the bottom and using a measuring cup tighten up the edges and the bottom to get a tight crust.
- Bake for 8 minutes until golden brown. Set aside until completely cool.
- In the bowl of an standing mixer, cream the cream cheese with the sweet condensed milk, until smooth. Add the rum extract, lime juice and lime zest and beat until everything is well combined. Add the food coloring one drop at a time and beat until well combines and the cream gets the desired color.
- Pour the cream cheese filling into the crust, cover with plastic film and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Freeze for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with the mint sprigs and the berries.
Did you make this recipe?Tag @enrilemoine on Instagram and hashtag it #byenrilemoine. Thank you!
- 40 Must-Have Recipes to Elevate Your Memorial Day Cookout - May 24, 2023
- Driving Hyundai’s IONIQ 6 in Savannah: The Future is Today! - May 15, 2023
- Venezuelan Chicha de Arroz: Rice & Milk Drink Recipe - April 12, 2023