This post is also available in: Español
This strawberries with goat cheese mousse recipe was sponsored by Fresh From Florida as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central. All opinions expressed, the recipe, and my love for fresh Florida strawberries and produce are my own. Thank you for reading and supporting the brands that Savoir Faire collaborates with, so that I can continue creating and sharing my recipes here.
Who doesn’t love strawberries with whipped cream? I love them. They are a classic, super easy-to-make dessert that can be prepared in the time you spend whipping the cream until it forms peaks.I remember when I was a little girl, my dad used to take us to Los Alpes, a restaurant in the mountainous area between Caracas (the city where I was born and raised, Venezuela) and Los Teques, to have strawberries with whipped cream.That was better than ice cream and since then, I love the simplicity of these two fresh ingredients combined.If like me, you’re a strawberries and whipped cream lover, I guarantee you’re going to adore my strawberries with goat cheese mousse.The concept of this dessert is pretty much the same: fresh strawberries with fresh dairy stuff… The only “new” thing is the addition of the fresh goat cheese: it makes everything creamier and adds some tart complexity to this classic.When I say fresh strawberries, I’m talking fresh. When you buy Fresh From Florida, that means that it was harvested yesterday, delivered to the store at night and ready for you to take home today. When buying Fresh From Florida search for the seal in the produce section. By the way, now we have bell peppers, blueberries, sweet corn and watermelon in season! It’s like summer before summer. Look for the sunshine. At the end Florida is the sunshine state! I hope you like my recipe.
Strawberries with Goat Cheese Mousse
- 4 cups strawberries diced
- 1 ½ cups of heavy cream
- ½ cups fresh goat cheese at room temperature
- 4 Tbsp. super fine sugar
- Mint sprigs to decorate
- In a bowl with and electric mixer, whip 1 cup of heavy cream, and add the sugar one tablespoon at a time. Whip until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate.
- In another bowl, beat the goat cheese until it softens, and progressively add the rest of the heavy cream and whip.
- With a spatula, fold the goat cheese mixture into the whipped cream until the mousse is formed.
- Fill a disposable decorating bag with the mousse.
- To serve, on s parfait glass add a layer of strawberries, then a layer of goat cheese mousse, then strawberries and finish with the mousse.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint.
Thank you for saving and sharing this strawberries with goat cheese mousse recipe on Pinterest.
[amazon_link asins=’B01EBFENW0,B017ELWTGA,B000R4FGK8,B0005ZU8UW,B00C0QJY40,B00L9LD85S,B0082WMM7C’ template=’ProductCarouselEn’ store=’lemoine-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’c14bfc00-4551-11e8-80d6-0563b8c23e24′]1