Veggie soup with egg and cilantro. Because after the storm it comes calm and as I prepared for the arrival of Hurricane Irma, I dreamed that it was Monday and the sun would shine for everyone.
Because I wanted to see the rainbow and this soup is a rainbow of colors and textures and flavors.
Because after 36 hours without electricity I wanted a good bowl of hot soup and when I was a little girl nothing comforted me better than a good veggie soup with cilantro.
Because I am happy and grateful that we are gradually returning to normal, I decided to make myself one of my favorite soups and eat it with egg, and then share the recipe with you.
I hope you like it and always keep in mind that, no matter how adverse the circumstance you are in, the sun always will shine for everyone.
Veggie soup with egg and cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 ½ cups diced carrots
- 2 cups of pumpkin auyama peeled and diced
- 2 cups potatoes peeled and diced
- 2 cups zucchini with skin diced
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels about 3-4 ears
- 8 cups of water
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 bunch cilantro
- Coarse sea salt
- 8 eggs
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring the olive oil to heat.
- Stir in the onion, garlic, celery and red bell pepper until they begin to wither, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add carrots, potatoes, pumpkin squash, zucchini, corn and water.
- Bring the heat to medium-high and cover until the boil breaks.
- Reduce heat to medium, add tomato paste and stir until dissolved.
- Add salt and bunch of cilantro.
- Cook, covered for 20 minutes.
- Correct the salt.
- Before serving, place a serving of soup in a small pot over low heat and add one egg. Cover and cook until the egg is cooked.
- Serve with some chopped cilantro.
Thank you for saving and sharing this veggie soup with egg and cilantro recipe on Pinterest.0