This post is also available in: Español
Pumpkin Spice Flan.
This pumpkin flan tastes, smells and looks like autumn. Not only because of the bright pumpkin color, but also because of the spices: hints of cinnamon, cloves, all spice. In fact it tastes like pumpkin pie but with a flan texture. This is the fall version of the classic Venezuelan quesillo (queso means cheese in Spanish and we call this flan quesillo because of the little holes resembling those of the cheese.) I hope you like my recipe and let’s celebrate the new season.
Pumpkin Spice Flan
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 12- oz can of evaporated milk
- 1 14- oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 6 eggs
- ¾ cup of pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 1 pinch of grated nutmeg
- In a flan mold, cook the sugar over medium-high heat until it forms the caramel.
- Very carefully, distribute the caramel in the bottom and sides of the mold.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Blend the rest of the ingredients. Pour in the flan mold and cover well with its lid or with foil and put it in a deep mold, with water to make a bain de Marie.
- Bake from 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving (better if all night).
- Before serving, gently turn on a platter.
Thank you for saving and sharing this pumpkin spice recipe on Pinterest.1