Roasted Veggies Soup
- 2 cups of butternut squash peeled, seeded and cut into sticks
- 1 cup of sweet potato peeled and cut into sticks
- 3/4 cup carrots peeled and cut into sticks
- 3/4 cup of turnip cut into wheels
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper unveined, seeded, cut into strips
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Coarse sea salt
- 2 quarts of water
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 cup fresh goat cheese pearls
- 4 slices of bacon cut into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Arrange the squash, sweet potato, carrot, turnip and pepper in a pan or baking dish. Distribute the garlic and olive oil, add pepper to taste.
- Roast the vegetables for 20-25 minutes, until tender.
- In a pot over medium heat, add the roasted vegetables and water, and boil for 5 minutes.
- With an immersion blender, blend the vegetables until smooth.
- Lower the heat, add the thyme and cook uncovered for 10-15 minutes until the soup has the desired thickness.
- Salt to taste.
- Discard the thyme.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium heat, fry the bacon until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Drain the bacon on a paper towel.
- Serve the soup in a bowl with the goat cheese pearls and a bit of bacon.
I first posted this roasted veggies soup recipe in Mamás Latinas. Thank you for saving and sharing it on Pinterest.