Roasted tomato soup. This roasted tomato soup is a soup for tomato killers.Did you see the color? Well, it tastes as good as it looks: intense, so red, flavorful roasted tomatoes, made it last summer, during the peak of my tomato season and I canned it.There is no way you can have a soup as rich as this during the summer.However, when it is chilly outside, you see the snow in the mountains and the fire is on, there is nothing more comforting than a bowl of this soup.The tomato flavor is so intense, that I garnished it with little balls of goat cheese, not only because it looks beautiful, but also to make it milder. You can also add some cream or sour cream.Perfect for rainy, cold days, we had it for lunch with a green salad and half a sandwich.
Roasted Tomato Soup
A delicious, pretty dense tomato soup, perfect for fall or winter days.
- 4 pounds of ripe tomatoes, cut in quarters, seeded
- 3 garlic cloves finely sliced
- 4 tbsp. of olive oil
- coarse sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 1/2 cups onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 4 cups water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line four baking sheets with aluminum foil and brush them with half of the olive oil.
- Place the tomatoes in the baking sheets and sprinkle the garlic.
- Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast the tomatoes for 1 hour.
- In the meantime, in a pot over medium heat, heat the rest of the olive oil and the butter.
- Sauté the onions and the thyme until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the roasted tomatoes and the water, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Discard the thyme sprigs.
- With an immersion blender, blend all the ingredients until they become a pretty smooth soup.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with goat cheese and a sprig of thyme.
Did you make this recipe?Tag @enrilemoine on Instagram and hashtag it #byenrilemoine. Thank you!
Thank you for saving and sharing this Roasted Tomato Soup recipe on Pinterest.