Roasted Tomato Soup
- 4 pounds of ripe tomatoes, cut in quarters, seeded
- 3 garlic cloves finely sliced
- 4 tbsp. of olive oil
- coarse sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 1/2 cups onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 4 cups water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line four baking sheets with aluminum foil and brush them with half of the olive oil.
- Place the tomatoes in the baking sheets and sprinkle the garlic.
- Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast the tomatoes for 1 hour.
- In the meantime, in a pot over medium heat, heat the rest of the olive oil and the butter.
- Sauté the onions and the thyme until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the roasted tomatoes and the water, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Discard the thyme sprigs.
- With an immersion blender, blend all the ingredients until they become a pretty smooth soup.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with goat cheese and a sprig of thyme.
Thank you for saving and sharing this Roasted Tomato Soup recipe on Pinterest.