This soup is an American classic: potatoes flavored with onion, celery and bacon, and garnished with cheddar cheese and ciboulette. If you are on a diet, counting calories or concerned about fat in your food, I must warn you: this is not a recipe for you. If you want comfort food, then this rich flavor extravaganza will fulfill you and make your tummy happy.
Creamy Potato Soup with Bacon & Cheddar Cheese
- of low fat milk
- 2 cups of cheddar cheese shredded divided
- Coarse sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup of ciboulette finely chopped for garnishing
- In a pan over medium heat, cook the bacon until golden but not crispy, around 5 minutes.
- Place the bacon in paper towels. Discard the bacon fat.
- In the same pan, melt the butter and sauté the onion and celery until tender, 6-8 minutes.
- In the mean time, put the potatoes and the water to boil.
- Once they boil, add the sautéed onion and celery. Reduce the heat and boil for 20 minutes, semi covered.
- With an immersion blender, blend all the ingredients until creamy, being careful not to over blend.
- Add the milk and the bacon.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add half of the cheddar cheese and stir.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and garnish with cheese and ciboulette.
Thank you for saving and sharing this creamy potato soup with bacon and cheddar cheese recipe on Pinterest.