Split Green Pea Soup with Ham
- 1 pound split green peas
- 2 liters of water
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 ½ cups cooked ham diced
- 2 celery stalks finely chopped
- 1 cup carrot diced
- 4 parsley sprigs
- 2 bay leaves
- Coarse sea salt
- White pepper freshly ground
- In a pot over medium heat add water and peas and cook for 20 minutes.
- In a skillet over medium heat melt the butter and sauté the onion and garlic until wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Add the ham and sauté, stirring constantly, for about 3 minutes.
- Add celery and sauté another 3 minutes.
- Take two cups of the water where the peas are being cooked and add it to the vegetable ham mixtures and cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetables ham mixture to the soup.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook over low heat until the peas are soft, about 25 minutes more.
- Discard the parsley and bay leaves.
- Serve hot.
Thank you for saving and sharing this Split Green Pea Soup with Ham recipe on Pinterest.