Carrots and ginger go wonderful together, as you can see in this creamy carrot soup or in this perfumed Swedish carrot soup.
By simmering baby carrots (or cut regular carrots) with some butter, orange juice, brown sugar and fresh ginger, you create a glossy, shiny glaze that makes them irresistible.
The acidity provided by the orange and lemon juices contrast with the sweetness of the baby carrots and brown sugar.
Glazed Baby Carrots with Orange Juice, Brown Sugar and Ginger
These glazed baby carrots are cooked to perfection with some grated ginger, brown sugar and citrus juices.
- 1 pound of baby carrots
- 2 tbs . of butter
- 2 tbs . of brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbs .of fresh ginger peeled and grated
- Coarse sea salt
- Freshly grated white pepper
- 1 tsp . lemon juice freshly squeezed
- Fresh parsley chopped, for garnish
- In a small saucepan combine all ingredients but lemon juice and parsley.
- Bring to boil uncover over medium heat, then cover and reduce the heat so the carrots simmer for 12 to 15 minutes until tender but not overcooked.
- Add the lemon juice and combine.
- Garnish with parsley.
Did you make this recipe?Tag @enrilemoine on Instagram and hashtag it #byenrilemoine. Thank you!
Thank you for saving and sharing this glazed baby carrots recipe on Pinterest.
Latest posts by Enri (see all)
- White Wine Sangria Recipe: It Tastes like Summer! - June 8, 2023
- Venezuelan Torta de Plátano Recipe: Ripe Plantain & Cheese Casserole - June 5, 2023
- 40 Must-Have Recipes to Elevate Your Memorial Day Cookout - May 24, 2023