This post is also available in: Español
Today I woke up with the idea of making pumpkin pancakes and this is what we got: the most decadent and moist pancakes ever.After my successful Pumpkin Risotto I wanted to experiment whatever could be made with pumpkin puree.
More than the flavor (pumpkins are pretty neutral and will embrace whatever you use to enhance them), I wanted to do something colorful…Because of the pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread, I know pumpkin matches with cinnamon, nutmeg and molasses, so I put all those ingredients together, plus some allspice and chopped dates to create this luscious breakfast.Finally, I topped them with toasted pecans!The unanimous verdict was: delicious! And then: “delicious, go and post it”.
It took me a while because it was warm, sunny and we were planning and planting our winter garden… so today was a lucky day!Here is my recipe. I hope you like it!
Pumpkin Pancakes with Dates & Pecans
- 4 Tbs. melted butter
- 1 cup tepid milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tsp. sugar
- 1 Tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ Tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ Tsp. freshly ground nutmeg
- ¼ Tsp. allspice
- 1 Tbs. of molasses
- ¼ Tsp. of salt
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 6 seeded dates chopped
- 1 Tsp. of baking soda
- 1 Tsp. of baking powder
- 8 pecans coarsely chopped
- In a bowl, mix the butter, milk and eggs.
- Add the sugar, vanilla, spices, molasses, salt, pumpkin and stir well.
- Add the flour and mix.
- Add the dates and stir.
- Add the baking soda and stir.
- In a skillet over medium heat roast the pecans until toasted and fragrant, 4-5 minutes. Set aside.
- Lightly grease a large skillet with butter and heat it until a drop of water flicked onto the surface sizzles immediately and evaporates.
- Pour the batter into the hot surface to form the pancakes. Cook over medium heat until bubbles form and begin to break on the surface, about 1 and a half minutes. Turn the pancake and cook it for 30 seconds.
- Serve hot with butter and maple syrup. Toss with pecans.
Thank you for saving and sharing this Pumpkin Pancakes with Dates & Pecans recipe on Pinterest.