This post is also available in: Español
This Pumpkin Risotto with Goat Cheese recipe is sponsored by Better than Bouillon as part of an influencer activation for Influence Central. All opinions expressed are my own. Thank you for reading and supporting the brands that make Savoir Faire possible.
This Pumpkin Risotto with Goat Cheese is not the classic, mild risotto. On the contrary, it has a well defined, intense veggie flavor and the bright beautiful and equally intense color of the pumpkin. Besides helping with its creamy consistency, fresh goat cheese brings tangy and tart notes. This is the perfect dish for the fall season. Pair it with a glass of chilly dry Pinot Grigio and you’ll love it!
As you may know, I’m the one who loves to do almost everything from scratch. I’m pretty much old fashioned on that sense… However, a couple of years ago, back in California, I discovered Better than Bouillon, and then I never, ever, made beef broth from scratch again.
When I make risotto or any recipe calling for beef broth, I prepare it instantly by mixing a couple of spoons of Better than Bouillon in boiling water. Bingo! However, when I needed vegetable broth, old fashioned as I’m, I used to make my own: with onions, celery, carrots, garlic and tomatoes…But now that Better than Bouillon Premium comes in a great variety of flavors (Chicken, Beef, Vegetable, Roasted Garlic, Chili, Clam, Fish, Ham, Lobster, Mushroom and Turkey), I gave a try to the veggie one to make this delicious pumpkin risotto with goat cheese.
First of all, I must admit the intensity of the veggie flavor is phenomenal. I used three Better than Bouillon teaspoons and dissolved them in three and a half cups of water. I didn’t use any salt and the result is this super flavorful hearty risotto.
Better than Bouillon has expanded and besides its Premium category, it has three more categories including Organic (Roasted Chicken, Mushroom, Turkey, Beef and Vegetable), Vegetarian (Vegetable, Roasted Garlic, Organic Vegetable, Vegetarian No Beef Base, Vegetarian No Chicken Base) and Reduced Sodium (Reduced Sodium Beef, Reduced Sodium Chicken, Reduced Sodium Vegetable).
Pumpkin Risotto with Goat Cheese Recipe
Following is my video with the step-by-step recipe. Please watch it and if you haven’t done yet, please subscribe to my Youtube channel.
And here is my recipe which I hope you like it as much as I do.
Pumpkin Risotto with Goat Cheese
- 1 ½ tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup of onion finely chopped
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1 cup of white whine
- 3 ½ cups of boiling water
- 3 teaspoons of Better than Bouillon Seasoned Vegetable Base
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons of fresh goat cheese
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- In a pot with the boiling water dissolve the vegetable base and reserve.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and sauté the onion, stirring occasionally until wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the wine and cook until the liquid is almost absorbed by the rice. Add 1 cup of broth and cook stirring until the liquid is almost absorbed. Add the rest of the broth, one cup at time and cook, stirring constantly, until the liquid is absorbed.
- This process can take around 30 minutes in total.
- Once the rice is done, add the pumpkin and stir.
- Add the cheese and stir.
- Add the thyme and stir.
- Serve immediately and sprinkle with goat cheese.
Finally, I want to invite you to participate in the following sweepstakes. I-C will randomly select winners from all program entries and will facilitate fulfillment of the winning prizes 9 winners.
Thank you for saving and sharing this Pumpkin Risotto with Goat Cheese on Pinterest. Once you make, please don’t forget to share the photo on your social media using the hashtag #enrilemoine.
Buy what you need with the help of my Amazon affiliate links