This Pumpkin Goat Cheese Risotto recipe is sponsored by Better than Bouillon as part of an influencer activation for Influence Central. All opinions expressed are my own. Thank you for reading and supporting the brands that make Savoir Faire possible.
This pumpkin risotto with goat cheese is not the classic, mild risotto. On the contrary, it has a well defined, intense veggie flavor and the bright beautiful and equally intense color of the pumpkin. Besides helping with its creamy consistency, fresh goat cheese brings tangy and tart notes. This is the perfect dish for the fall season. Pair it with a glass of chilly dry Pinot Grigio and you will love it!
As you may know, I am the one who loves to do almost everything from scratch. I am pretty much old fashioned on that sense. However, a couple of years ago, back in California, I discovered Better than Bouillon, and then I never, ever, made beef broth from scratch again.
When I make risotto or any recipe calling for beef broth, I prepare it instantly by mixing a couple of spoons of Better than Bouillon in boiling water. Bingo! However, when I needed vegetable broth, old fashioned as I’m, I used to make my own: with onions, celery, carrots, garlic and tomatoes.
The magic of Better than Bouillon
But now that Better than Bouillon Premium comes in a great variety of flavors (Chicken, Beef, Vegetable, Roasted Garlic, Chili, Clam, Fish, Ham, Lobster, Mushroom and Turkey), I gave a try to the veggie one to make this delicious pumpkin risotto with goat cheese.
First of all, I must admit the intensity of the veggie flavor is phenomenal. I used three Better than Bouillon teaspoons and dissolved them in three and a half cups of water. I did not use any salt and the result is this super flavorful hearty risotto.
Better than Bouillon has expanded and besides its Premium category, it has three more categories including Organic (Roasted Chicken, Mushroom, Turkey, Beef and Vegetable), Vegetarian (Vegetable, Roasted Garlic, Organic Vegetable, Vegetarian No Beef Base, Vegetarian No Chicken Base) and Reduced Sodium (Reduced Sodium Beef, Reduced Sodium Chicken, Reduced Sodium Vegetable).
How to make Pumpkin Goat Cheese Risotto
To make this recipe you will need some kitchen tools and ingredients that you can easily find online through my Amazon Affiliate Program, including:
Following is my recipe. I hope you like it as much as I do. Please do not forget to subscribe to my Youtube channel.
Pumpkin Goat Cheese Risotto
- 1 ½ tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup of onion finely chopped
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1 cup of white wine
- 3 ½ cups of boiling water
- 3 teaspoons of Better than Bouillon Seasoned Vegetable Base
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons of fresh goat cheese
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- In a pot with the boiling water dissolve the vegetable base and reserve.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and sauté the onion, stirring occasionally until wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the wine and cook until the liquid is almost absorbed by the rice. Add 1 cup of broth and cook stirring until the liquid is almost absorbed. Add the rest of the broth, one cup at time and cook, stirring constantly, until the liquid is absorbed.
- This process can take around 30 minutes in total.
- Once the rice is done, add the pumpkin and stir.
- Add the cheese and stir.
- Add the thyme and stir.
- Serve immediately and sprinkle with goat cheese.
Did you make this recipe?Tag @enrilemoine on Instagram and hashtag it #byenrilemoine. Thank you!
Hungry for more pumpkin recipes? Check these out:
- White Wine Sangria Recipe: It Tastes like Summer! - June 8, 2023
- Venezuelan Torta de Plátano Recipe: Ripe Plantain & Cheese Casserole - June 5, 2023
- 40 Must-Have Recipes to Elevate Your Memorial Day Cookout - May 24, 2023