This post is also available in: Español
This Caprese Salad with Basil Pesto recipe is sponsored by Stella® but the content and opinions expressed here are my own. Thank you for reading and supporting the brands that make Savoir Faire possible.
Summer is in full swing and that means the less we cook the better. Thanks to the Italian guy that “lives” in my tummy, to me summer tastes like tomato and basil… and why not, it also tastes like Caprese salad: tomato, mozzarella and basil. There is no better combination of flavors!
During the dog days of summer, a good Caprese salad with basil pesto (the classic pesto alla Genovese) like this one I’m sharing today, is a perfect non-cooking lunch… and light dinner too!Originally, Caprese salads are made with mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, basil and olive oil. Today’s one, was made with Stella® organic fresh mozzarella cheese, Campari tomatoes (so that they have the same diameter of the mozzarella slices) and I served it with my fresh basil pesto. Bingo!Stella® organic fresh mozzarella cheese has a mild flavor and a delicate texture. The nutty and well defined pesto taste contrasts with the milky creaminess of the mozzarella. This is the closest thing to the mozzarella made in Italy: they are made with the same craftsmanship inherited from the Italian master cheese makers.
Visit Stella’s website, where you will find delicious recipes, as well as information about wines, beers and spirits to pair with the varied range of Italian cheeses Stella® offers.Now, without further ado, I share with you this new recipe of Caprese salad with basil pesto.
Caprese Salad with Basil Pesto
- 2 logs of Stella® organic fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 6 Campari tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves, choped
- 1/4 cup of pine nuts
- 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Coarse sea salt
- 4 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese, grated
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a food processor, process the basil, garlic, pine nuts, and salt to taste. While processing, add the olive oil and process until the pesto is well combined.
- Pour the pesto in a bowl, add the cheese and mix well.
- In four dishes, distribute and arrange the slices of mozzarella and tomatoes, alternating them.
- Top with the pesto and season with black pepper.
Thank you for sharing this Caprese Salad with Basil Pesto recipe on Pinterest.
Buy what you need with the help of my Amazon affiliate links
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: $16.99Was: $25.95
Price: $37.45Was: $50.00
Price: Check on Amazon