This post is intended for an audience of adults age 21 and older. Chipotle Beluga Lentil Salad with Mango. This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SutterHomeSweetOnSpice #CollectiveBias.
One of the things that I love the most about working with brands is the fact that, most of the time, they challenge me and as a result I have to think (and create) out the box. For example: I always thought Moscato wine was a dessert wine: good to pair with desserts because Moscato… is a sweet varietal wine!Then it came the first challenge. Sutter Home, the Napa Valley based, family-owned company producing award-wining California wines at affordable prices, asked me to pair Sutter Home Moscato with something spicy.My first thought was a spicy chocolate cake (with chile de árbol), but since I had these beluga lentils waiting in my pantry to be transformed in a delicious recipe, I rapidly switched to a chipotle lentil soup with chorizo.
Then it came challenge number two: It’s really hot in Miami. It’s spring but it feels like summer with temperatures around the 85-90˚F, and miserable humidity, so who wants to have soup with this weather? Certainly, not me!
Since beluga lentils are so delicious and it’s mango season in Florida, I decided to create a lentil and mango salad with chipotle vinaigrette and pair it with a nice cold glass of Sutter Home Moscato. Bingo!
This salad is perfect for lunch and also to have at dinnertime, better if al fresco. The sweetness and crispiness of the Moscato balances very well with the spiciness of the chipotle dressing.
So, thank you Sutter Home Moscato not only for sponsoring this recipe but also for making me go out of my comfort zone. I just learned that Moscato is more than a wine dessert (or my favorite wine when is about making white sangria). Cheers!
For more info about Sutter Home and its wines, please visit Sutter Home’s website. Follow the conversation on social media by using the hashtag #SutterHomeSweetOnSpice and following Sutter Home on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and Youtube.
Chipotle Beluga Lentil Salad with Mango
- 2 cups of beluga lentils
- 6 cups of water
- 1 celery stalk
- ½ onion
- 2 Tbsp. of pickled chipotle
- 2 cups of mango diced
- ½ cup of white onion finely chopped
- ½ cup of cilantro leaves chopped
- 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. of honey
- 2 Tbsp. of chipotle hot sauce
- Coarse sea salt
- Rinse the lentils and put them in a pot with the water, celery, ½ onion and pickled chipotle.
- Cook uncovered for about 20 minutes, or until the lentils are done but firm.
- Place the lentils on a strainer and let them cool down completely. Discard the solids (celery, onion and chipotle pieces).
- Put the cold lentils in a bowl with chopped onion, mango and cilantro.
- In a small bowl make the chipotle vinaigrette by combining olive oil, rice vinegar, honey, chipotle sauce and salt, and whisk to emulsify.
- Add the chipotle vinaigrette, stir and refrigerate at least for 30 minutes before serving.
Thank you for saving and sharing this Chipotle beluga lentil salad with mango on Pinterest.1