This post is also available in: Español
This recipe for grilled boneless pork chops with BBQ sauce is part of a sponsored collaboration with Smithfield and DiMe Media. However, all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands Savoir Faire collaborates with so I can continue creating and sharing easy, fun and tasty recipes.As many of you may know, mine is a mono parental family. I do not mean by this that on Father’s Day my children gave me nothing. Although many of my single mom girlfriends use to call to congratulate each other, the truth is I have never pretended to be mom and dad. I always refused to do that because I know it would be an impossible mission. What I certainly try to do is to be the best mom I can be with the resources I have at hand. And today’s grilled boneless pork chops with BBQ sauce recipe is part of that.I do my best, for example, for my children to become responsible and independent adults. This, of course, includes the fact they are being trained to feed themselves. Let’s say that with the “food department” I still have a lot of work to do with Tomás Eugenio (13), but with Andrés Ignacio (15), I can say we are doing well. I know everyone is different and the important thing for me is to respect, value and even promote that individuality.That’s why this week we grilled these boneless pork chops with homemade BBQ sauce, and my eldest son learned something about the magic of grilling over indirect fire and how by adding a few wood chips previously soaked in water, pork (and everything you grill) acquires a delicious smoky flavor.
Next week, we’ll fire up the coals again to make grilled pork ribs with chimichurri and also with a chipotle tamarind BBQ sauce that I’m craving. Needless to say we are already warming up the engines for this coming 4th of July!Making these pork chops on the grill, which I have to say were finger-licking, my son learned that when it comes to quality, nothing like Smithfield with its cuts of fresh pork, hand selected and cut, which come prepackaged and are guaranteed of freshness and flavor.
The following is our recipe for grilled boneless pork chops with BBQ sauce. You can use your favorite BBQ sauce, but I enjoy creating mines, and also wanted to teach my boy how easy is to do your own stuff. For more recipes with fresh pork, visit the new page (in Spanish) www.saborsmithfield.com or www.smithfieldgetgrilling.com.
Grilled Boneless Pork Chops with Homemade BBQ Sauce
- 4 boneless pork chops
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons of mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons of agave nectar
- Coarse sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl, soak a cup of apple chips for about 15 minutes.
- Turn on a charcoal grill.
- Once the grill is ready, add the wood chips.
- Season the chops with salt and pepper on both sides and grill over indirect fire. Cover and cook for about 4 minutes.
- In a bowl mix ketchup with mustard, Worcestershire sauce and agave néctar until it forms a homogeneous BBQ sauce. Reserve.
- Turn the pork chops, cover and cook for about 3-4 more minutes.
- Insert the meat thermometer in the center of the chops and make sure it mark 160˚F.
- Brush the chops on both sides with the BBQ sauce and grill for one more minute.
Thank you for saving and sharing this grilled boneless pork chops with BBQ sauce recipe on Pinterest.