This asparagus soup is thick and creamy, but it doesn’t have any flour or milk cream. So it is as light as it is delicious. Just seeing it, and I think spring!
Note: As a member of the Amazon Affiliate Program, I receive compensation for products sold through the affiliate links in this post, at no cost to the buyer.
Yesterday I made a couple of these ham and asparagus quiches for a Facebook Live demo. My first Facebook Live and also sponsored by the National Pork Board. You cannot imagine my happiness and all the love that I put into the matter.
For the quiches recipe, I used asparagus tips, and kept two pounds of asparagus stalks. So I decided to take advantage of them by making this delicious soup.
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY ASPARAGUS SOUP
This is a springtime soup. I love to make it when asparagus are in season and at a super good price. To prepare it, I sauté onions in butter, then add the diced asparagus stalks. I reserve the tips to add them, previously blanched, at the time of serving as a garnish.
HOW TO THICKEN AN ASPARAGUS SOUP
To give a creamy consistency to this soup, without having to resort to flours or dairy products, I add potatoes and the matter is solved. I blend everything together and the result is the silkiest and most delicious asparagus soup you can dream of.
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN ASPARAGUS SOUP
The only not plant-based ingredient in this soup is the butter in which I sauté the onion. I don’t use any chicken broth to cook it either. So this is a vegetarian soup. If you want to make it totally vegan, you just have to substitute the butter for a little olive oil.
CREAMY ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPE
To make this recipe you will need some utensils including:
The following is my recipe. I hope you like it as much as I do. Thank you for subscribing to my YouTube channel and visiting my Amazon store.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 ½ cups onion , chopped
- 2 cups potatoes , peeled and sliced
- 4 cups asparagus stems cut into half-inch pieces
- 4 cups water
- A pinch of white pepper (optional)
- 24 asparagus tips
- In a pot over medium heat, bring the butter to melt.
- Add onion and sauté for about 5 minutes until wilted.
- Add asparagus steams and sauté for 5 more minutes.
- Add potatoes and water, increase the heat to medium high and bring to a boil.
- Once is boiling, cover, reduce the heat to medium-low, and cook for 20 minutes, until the potatoes and asparagus are soft.
- Pour half into the glass of a blender, add salt to taste and blend until a smooth and creamy soup is formed. Process the other half in the same way.
- In a small pot, bring a cup of water to a boil, add the asparagus tips, salt and blanch for 30-40 seconds. Strain and transfer the asparagus to a bowl of ice water to stop cooking.
- Serve the soup hot and garnish with the asparagus tips.
Did you make this recipe?Tag @enrilemoine on Instagram and hashtag it #byenrilemoine. Thank you!
Thank you for saving and sharing this creamy asparagus soup recipe on Pinterest.
- White Wine Sangria Recipe: It Tastes like Summer! - June 8, 2023
- Venezuelan Torta de Plátano Recipe: Ripe Plantain & Cheese Casserole - June 5, 2023
- 40 Must-Have Recipes to Elevate Your Memorial Day Cookout - May 24, 2023