This post is also available in: Español
Creamy Asparagus Soup.Two days ago I made a couple of these ham and asparagus quiches to make a demonstration on a Facebook Live. It was my first sponsored (by Pork te inspira) Facebook Live so you cannot imagine how happy I was. Just in case here are the videos I made: first part, and second part (sorry, they are in Spanish but I promise they are fun to watch.)For the quiches, I used the tips of the asparagus and since I had two pounds of leftover stems, I’m making my asparagus soup. This is a very springy soup, which I make every time asparagus are in season.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 ½ cups onion , chopped
- 2 cups potatoes , peeled and chopped
- 4 cups asparagus stems cut into half-inch pieces
- 4 cups water
- A pinch of white pepper
- 18 asparagus tips
- In a pot over medium heat, bring the butter to melt.
- Add onion and sauté for about 5 minutes until wilted.
- Add potatoes and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add asparagus steams and water, increase the heat to medium high and bring to a boil.
- Once is boiling, cover and cook for 20 minutes, until the potatoes and asparagus are soft.
- Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth and creamy.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with raw asparagus tips.
Thank you for saving and sharing this creamy asparagus soup recipe on Pinterest.2