This post is also available in: Español
This ham and asparagus quiche is part of a collaboration with the National Pork Board and DiMe Media. Thank you for supporting the brands that Savoir Faire works with, so I can continue creating delicious, colorful and fun recipes.If something I like about spring are flowers, asparagus and eating ham on Easter Day. Today’s recipe has all three things. It’s a ham quiche with asparagus tips, served on a table perfect for Easter.So this year I’m planning to celebrate Easter with a brunch and will serve this delicious and easy to make ham and asparagus quiche.You can buy the ham already cut into mini cubes or do as I did: buy a beautiful thick slice. Or if you are going to have a whole ham, this is a wonderful way to use it until the last bit.The dough to make this quiche is the same dough that I use to make pies. You can prepare it the day before, including baking the quiche crust.One hour before serving, beat the eggs with the cream, season with a pinch of salt and white pepper, put this mixture in the crust that must be cold, distribute over the ham and the tips of asparagus and bake for half an hour until it begins to brown.This quiche can be served at brunch or lunch with a salad, and even at dinner. I hope you like my recipe.
Ham and asparagus quiche
- 1 pie dough recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup ham , diced
- 12 asparagus tips
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground white pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough with a dusted roller, until ¼ inch thick.
- Transfer the dough to a 9-inch pie dish and slightly press the bottom and sides of the dish.
- Trim the edges and form a rim, decorating either with fingers or a fork.
- Line the pie shell with parchment paper and fill with pie weights or dried beans.
- Cover the edges of the crust with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Transfer the pie shell to a wire rack and let cool down completely.
- Take away the pie weights (or discard the dried beans).
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with the cream, add a pinch of salt and another of white pepper.
- Put the mixture over the crust, distribute the ham cubes and the asparagus tips.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let stand off oven for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Thank you for saving and sharing this ham and asparagus quiche recipe on Pinterest.0