This post is also available in: Español
Mango Chutney.The first time I heard there was sauce named chutney, was in my hometown Caracas, back in Venezuela, while I was taking a look to Don Armando Scannone’s recipe book Mi cocina a la manera de Caracas. Thorough the time I learned chutney were sauces originally cooked in India.
My favorite was mango chutney, with a pungent spicy flavor, semi sweet and savory. My comadre Eirys (Tomás Godmother’s) brought me two jars a couple of months ago. Once they were done, I decided to make my own. So here I go with my mango chutney that I use, among other things to make mango BBQ sauce. I hope you like it.
- 2 cups mango diced
- ¾ cup onion finely chopped
- ½ cup red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 sprig of cinnamon
- 12 black peppercorns
- ½ teaspoon coarse sea salt
Put all ingredients in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Once it boils, reduce the heat to low.
- Cook for 35-40 minutes until it reaches the consistency of a jam.
- Discard the cinnamon stick.
- Store in a jar with a lid and refrigerate.
Thank you for saving this mango chutney recipe on Pinterest.
Buy what you need with the help of my Amazon affiliate links
Price: $16.99Was: $28.00
Price: $6.99Was: $28.00
Price: $32.80Was: $100.00