This Grilled Pork Loin Burgers with Apricot-Chipotle Mayonnaise recipe is part of my collaboration as brand ambassador of the National Pork Board’s “Pork Es Sabor” grilling season. Thank you for reading and supporting the brands that make Savoir Faire possible.
This year I decided to take full advantage of the grilling season, and what better way than by grilling with pork!
Many reasons to cook with pork
I enjoy using pork because it is an extremely flavorful and accessible protein, allowing us to cook it in a variety of ways creating different savoring tastes.
Pork is a protein that cooks quickly, is low in calories and high in nutrients, which means it’s an ideal option when grilling, and you know: there is nothing like pork on the grill because it brings out the best of its flavor.
Look at these grilled pork loin burgers. I asked the butcher to grind me some pork loin, without fat, so that they are as lean as possible, yet still flavorful. Pork loin is one of the cuts classified as lean by the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
Since pork is so tasty, I just seasoned it with salt, garlic, and parsley and I assure you that it doesn’t need anything else.
Even better: both my kids said these are the best burger ever (and I agree). This is kind of a miracle since they never agree when is about food.
How to make grilled pork loin burgers
Now I have a confession. My burgers are lean, but I succumbed to the temptation of an apricot-chipotle mayonnaise with cilantro and it was amazing!
To make these pork loin burgers you’ll need some cooking and grilling tools than you can easily find online through my Amazon Affiliate Program, including:
- Wooden cutting board
- Chef Knife
- Marble mortar of garlic press
- Mixing bowl
- Tray and aluminum foil
- Charcoal grill (or gas grill)
- Grilling tools
- Grilling thermometer
For more delicious recipes with pork, which is undoubtedly the favorite protein of Hispanics in the United States during grilling season, please visit PorkEsSabor.com.
Last, but not least, I’m going to share my delicious recipe but not before inviting you to subscribe to my YouTube channel.
Grilled Pork Loin Burgers with Apricot-Chipotle Mayonnaise
- 1 ½ pounds of lean pork loin ground
- 3 garlic cloves minced and then pureed
- Coarse sea salt
- 2 tablespoons parsley finely chopped
- 1/3 cup of mayonnaise
- ¼ cup of apricot jam
- ½ teaspoon pickled chipotle
- 3 tablespoons cilantro finely chopped
- 6 hamburger buns
- In a bowl, place the pork loin and add garlic, salt and, parsley, combine and form 6 patties.
- Place the pork loin burgers on a plate, cover with plastic film and refrigerate until grilling time.
- Turn on the grill and preheat it.
- In a bowl combine mayonnaise, apricot preserve, cilantro, and chipotle, and mix. Refrigerate covered, until serving.
- Grill the pork loin burgers over direct fire covered, for 5 each side, or until the meat thermometer reads between 155˚F and 165˚F.
- Remove from the heat and place the pork loin burgers on aluminum foil, wrap them and let the patties rest for about 5 minutes.
- Grill the bread for 30 seconds.
- Serve the pork loin burgers with lettuce and apricot mayonnaise.
Thank you for saving and sharing this recipe on Pinterest.
Hungry for more pork summer recipes? Following are some of my not to-be-missed delights:
- BBQ Pork Ribs with Tamarind-Chipotle Glaze
- Grilled Pork & Pineapple Skewers with Chimichurri Sauce
- Grilled Asian-Style St Louis Spareribs
- Pork Loin Meatballs in Tomato Sauce
- Rum & Mustard BBQ Ribs