Gluten-free Pasta Casserole alla Bolognese
- 2 packages of Barilla Penne gluten free cooked al dente and drained
- Butter to grease the baking pans
- 4 cups of Bolognese sauce
- 2 cups of Béchamel sauce
- 3/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease baking dishes with butter.
- In a large bowl mix the pasta with meat sauce and béchamel.
- Distribute the mixture of pasta, Bolognese and béchamel into molds.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Put the oven on broil and bake for 2-3 minutes until the lasagna begins to golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool at least 10-12 minutes before serving.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 3 carrots chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups white wine
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- Coarse sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a food processor, process together by pressing several times: garlic, onion, celery and carrot until everything is finely chopped and being careful not to blend.
- In a deep pan over medium heat, add olive oil and make a sofrito by sautéing the chopped vegetables until they begin to wilt, about 5 minutes.
- Add beef and cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes until it begins to brown.
- Add the wine, oregano and bay leaf, salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, until the liquids are reduced by more than half.
- Add tomato sauce and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 25 minutes. Correct the seasoning and reserve.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups milk
- 1 pinch of freshly ground nutmeg
- While the Bolognese is cooking, make the béchamel. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and add the cornstarch, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until a roux is formed, about 2 minutes.
- Add milk, salt and nutmeg and stir until smooth.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for about 8-10, stirring, until sauce thickens.
Thank you for saving and sharing this Gluten-free Pasta Casserole alla Bolognese on Pinterest.