This post is also available in: Español
Roasted Leg of Lamb with Rosemary Crust
- 2 legs of lamb boneless about 6 pounds each
- 12 cloves of peeled garlic divided
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil divided
- Coarse sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary leaves divided
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. Place rack in lower third of oven.
- With a pairing knife make 6 incisions in each leg of lamb and insert a garlic clove in each.
- Salt and pepper both legs.
- Cover the outer leg of lamb with chopped rosemary.
- Place the meat on a roaster tray covered with foil.
- Sprinkle with olive oil, cover with foil and let the meat sit at room temperature for half an hour.
- Roast for 1 hour 15-30 minutes until the meat reaches a temperature of 135°F (in case you want it rare), or 145°F (if you want it medium).
- Remove the foil and broil for 3-5 minutes until meat is browned.
- Remove from oven and place the meat on a platter. Cover with foil and let rest for about 15 minutes.
- Cut with a non-serrated knife and serve warm.
Thank you for saving and sharing this Roasted Leg of Lamb with Rosemary Crust recipe on Pinterest.