Everything tastes better with bacon…
Since my days are super busy, I have no time to write long paragraphs and the only thing I can say is that everything with bacon tastes better and this turkey is no exception…
This bacon wrapped turkey tastes as good as it looks. It’s juicy, moist, with a subtle bacon flavor. Like my Thanksgiving turkey, I seasoned this one with my herbs and garlic butter and stuffed it with the same rice and cranberry and herbs stuffing.The only novelty: the bacon wrap!
How to make Bacon Wrapped Turkey
Trust me, this is the easiest turkey recipe ever. To make it, you will a couple of kitchen utensils and ingredients you can easily find online through my Amazon Affiliate Program, including:
Following is the printable version of my recipe. Thank you for subscribing to my Youtube channel. Happy Holidays!
Bacon Wrapped Turkey
- 1 10 pounds turkey, unfrozen, washed and dried with paper towels
- ½ a recipe of herbs and garlic butter, in a log and sliced into 1/8 inch medallions
- ½ a recipe of the Wild and Basmati Rice Turkey Stuffing with Cranberries, Apples, Herbs and Bacon
- 1 ½ pounds bacon, sliced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrot chopped
- 2 cups celery stalks chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Put an oven bag on a roasting pan.
- Place the onions, carrots and celery on the bottom of the bag.
- Put the butter medallions between the turkey skin and meat, and then in the cavity.
- Stuff the cavity with the rice mixture.
- Secure the turkey with twine in both legs.
- Wrap the turkey with the bacon slices and carefully place it in the bag.
- Tie the bag and roast the turkey, inside the bag, for 4.5 hours.
- Open the bag and carefully drain the juices into a container.
- Cut the bag and place the roasting pan back in the oven.
- Broil on high for 4 minutes.
- Wait at least half hour to place the turkey o n the serving plate.
- Reserve half a cup of the drippings for the gravy.
Check my other turkey related recipes:
- Cranberry and Pineapple Sauce
- Herb Infused Turkey Gravy
- Herb and Garlic Butter
- Juicy Herb Roasted Turkey
- Rice Turkey Stuffing with Bacon and Herbs
- Garlic Infused Mashed Potatoes