This post is also available in: Español
It tastes as good as it looks. It’s juicy, moist, with a subtle bacon flavor. Like my Thanksgiving turkey, I seasoned this one with herbs and garlic butter and stuffed it with the same rice and cranberry and herbs stuffing.The only novelty: the bacon wrap! Happy Holidays!
Bacon Wrapped Turkey
- 1-10 pound turkey unfrozen, washed and dried with paper towels
- ½ a recipe of herbs and garlic butter in a log and sliced into 1/8 inch medallions
- ½ a recipe of the Wild and Basmati Rice Turkey Stuffing with Cranberries Apples, Herbs and Bacon
- 1 ½ pound of bacon sliced
- ½ onion chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- 3 celery stalks chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Put an oven bag on a roasting pan.
- Place the onions, carrots and celery on the bottom of the bag.
- Put the butter medallions between the turkey skin and meat, and then in the cavity.
- Stuff the cavity with the rice mixture.
- Secure the turkey with twine in both legs.
- Wrap the turkey with the bacon slices and carefully place it in the bag.
- Tie the bag and roast the turkey, inside the bag, for 4.5 hours.
- Open the bag and carefully drain the juices into a container.
- Cut the bag and place the roasting pan back in the oven.
- Broil on high for 4 minutes.
- Wait at least half hour to place the turkey o n the serving plate.
- Reserve half a cup of the drippings for the gravy.