When I start writing one sentence paragraphs, that only means I’m busy.
I have a full house full of noise and laughter. I have my brother Ernesto and his wife Marian, my nice Valeria and my nephew Daniel, at home for the holidays and I can be happier.
I feel, however, kind of weird having helpers in my kitchen.
But overall, I just want to show my brother, my sister in law and their little ones, how much I love them and how much I’m enjoying having them for the season. So I baked these deliciously fudgy brownies.
I adapted the recipe from Annie’s Eats. These brownies are minty, super rich and decadent and combine an unbeatable pair: chocolate and peppermint.
I made them with my niece Valeria, who is 7, and likes to bake. She was an amazing and helpful sous chef.
I know I’ll be having a merry, merry Christmas… It’s always like that when my brother is around. After all Christmas is the season for the family.
Peppermint Christmas Brownies
- 8 oz. unsweetened chocolate,coarsely chopped (I used Ghirardelli premium baking bar)
- 1½ cups 3 sticks of butter
- 2 ½ cups of sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 Tsp. peppermint extract
- 1 Tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup of sweet ground chocolate and cocoa, I used Ghirardelli
- 2 bags Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses coarsely chopped, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 9×13-inch glass baking dish.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, melt the butter and the chocolate.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and sugar with an electric mixer on a medium speed for 1 minute.
- Reduce the speed, add peppermint and vanilla extracts, the flour and beat until well incorporated, 1 more minute.
- Add the chocolate powder and keep beating.
- Add the melted butter and chocolate and mix well, 1 more minute.
- Put half of the chocolate batter in the prepared baking mold.
- Sprinkle half of the Candy Cane Kisses.
- Pour the rest of the chocolate batter.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out clean.
- Transfer the mold to a wire rack and sprinkle the rest of the Candy Cane Kisses.
- Let cool down completely before cutting into squares.
Did you make this recipe?Tag @enrilemoine on Instagram and hashtag it #byenrilemoine. Thank you!
Thank you for saving and sharing this recipe on Pinterest.