Green Mint Fudgy Brownies. I have a very particular relationship with my kitchen. When I’m happy, I cook and when I’m sad or anxious, I cook too. Japan’s quake, tsunami and nuclear disaster, made me think about how fragile everything is.
- 1 8- ounce cream cheese package
- 2 Tsp mint extract
- 1 ½ cups superfine sugar
- Green food color I used Wilton Irish green
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- 8 ounces of semi sweet chocolate I used Ghirardelli premium baking bar
- 1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup sweet ground chocolate and cocoa I used Ghirardelli
- 1 Tsp of baking powder
- ¼ Tsp of salt
- Have all the ingredients at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 6 by 9 inch glass baking dish.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, melt the butter and the chocolate. Set aside.
- In bowl, with and electric mixer, beat the cream cheese for 1 minute.
- Add ¼ cup of sugar and beat until dissolved.
- Add one egg and the mint extract and mix well.
- Dip a toothpick into the food color and swirl into the cream cheese mixture.
- Mix well and repeat until you achieve the right shade. Set aside.
- Rinse the mixer blades.
- In a bowl, beat the rest of the eggs with the electric mixer on a medium speed for 1 minute.
- Add the rest of the sugar and beat for 1 more minute.
- Reduce speed, add the flour, baking powder and salt and beat until well incorporated, 1 more minute.
- Add the chocolate powder and keep beating.
- Add the melted butter and chocolate and mix well, 1 more minute.
- Put half of the chocolate batter in the prepared baking mold.
- Pour the cream cheese batter and on top layer the rest of the chocolate batter.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out clean. Transfer the mold to a wire rack until it is completely cold.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Cut into squares.
Thank you for saving and sharing this Green Mint Fudgy Brownies on Pinterest.0