This Viennese Brownies recipe was sponsored by AMERICAN HERITAGE® Chocolate as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own. Thanks for reading and supporting the brands that make Savoir Faire possible.
Every time I bake my walnut brownies these Viennese brownies come to my mind.
They are called Viennese brownies and they are the perfect treat for the holiday season.
I don’t know why they are named Viennese.
I assume it’s because of the worldwide renowned Viennese patisserie…
Or the so-called Viennese swirl…
A Family Recipe
This is a recipe I cherish. I adapted from the recipe my dear Volga Gallego, my sister Andreina sister in law, gave me, almost 20 years ago.
I was living in my hometown Caracas in Venezuela, she tasted my walnut brownies and we immediately exchanged recipes.
Volga was so sweet that she showed me the ‘technique’ to put the almond cream cheese batter in between the two layers of chocolate batter.
From the beginning, her brownies became ‘my’ brownies.
How to Make Viennese Brownies
I made these delicious brownies with AMERICAN HERITAGE® Chocolate, a very fine type of chocolate, similar to the ones used in colonial times, with hints of vanilla, orange peel, and cinnamon…
Not only does it elevate any chocolate recipe, but it also makes it easier to prepare because it melts faster.
When a recipe calls for semi-sweet chocolate you can replace it one to one with AMERICAN HERITAGE® Chocolate. You can buy AMERICAN HERITAGE® Chocolate on Amazon.
To make this recipe you’ll need some kitchen tools that you can easily find online through my Amazon Affiliate Program, including:
- Mixing bowl
- Electric hand mixer
- Silicone Spatula
- Baking sheet with a cooling rack
- Parchment paper
- Serrated knife
- Cutting board
Viennese Brownies Recipe
Following is my not-to-be-missed recipe. I hope you like it as much as we do. Again, thanks to Volga for your generosity. Happy baking and thank you for subscribing to my Youtube channel and visiting my Amazon Store.
- ¾ cup butter
- 10 ounces AMERICAN HERITAGE® Chocolate Finely Grated Chocolate
- 1 ½ cups superfine sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tablespoon baking powder
- 1 8- ounce cream cheese package
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Have all the ingredients at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cover a 6-by-9-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and the AMERICAN HERITAGE® Chocolate.
- In a bowl, beat 3 eggs with an electric mixer on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Add 1¼ cups of the sugar and beat for 1 minute more.
- Reduce the speed, add the flour, baking powder and salt and beat until well incorporated, 1 more minute.
- Add the melted butter and chocolate and mix well, 1 more minute. Set aside.
- Rinse the mixer blades.
- In another bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer, 1 minute.
- Add the rest of the sugar and beat until dissolved. Add the egg and the almond extract and mix well. Set aside.
- Put half of the chocolate batter in the prepared baking mold.
- Pour the cream cheese batter and on top layer the rest of the chocolate batter.
- Sprinkle the sliced almonds.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out clean.
- Transfer the mold to a wire rack until it is completely cold.
- Cut into squares.
Did you make this recipe?Tag @enrilemoine on Instagram and hashtag it #byenrilemoine. Thank you!
- White Wine Sangria Recipe: It Tastes like Summer! - June 8, 2023
- Venezuelan Torta de Plátano Recipe: Ripe Plantain & Cheese Casserole - June 5, 2023
- 40 Must-Have Recipes to Elevate Your Memorial Day Cookout - May 24, 2023