This Blueberry Cottage Cheese Pancakes recipe is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cool Foods at Publix. The opinions and texts are all mine. Thanks for reading and supporting the brands that make Savoir Faire possible.
Did you know that when cooking and baking with blueberries, it’s better to have them frozen instead of fresh?
When I learned that, I began to freeze fresh blueberries in sandwich bags… until I discovered the wonders of Wyman’s of Maine Wild Blueberries! Yes! My frozen wild blueberries are the ingredient responsible for the beautiful blue color of today’s Blueberry Cottage Cheese Pancakes.
Aren’t they cool?
They are definitely blue, because they are packed with frozen blueberries. And when I say packed, I mean it: one and a half cups of frozen blueberries and only three fourths of a cup of flour.
There is more. The other main ingredient of my pancakes is the delicious Friendship Dairies Cottage Cheese, also one and a half cups of creamy low fat small curds of super fresh cottage cheese.
The result? Very nutritious pancakes, full of protein and fruit, that will keep you satisfied for a good while! They were immediately approved by my family’s official pancake tester: my son Tomás Eugenio (15), who after devouring a tower of blue pancakes, gave them two thumbs up!
Cool Savings at Publix
If you haven’t tried Wyman’s of Maine Fruit and Friendship Dairies Cottage Cheese, check this out: from 10/12/19 to 10/25/19 head to your local Publix for savings on a variety of products featured in their Cool Foods list! Grab the in-store flyer and visit the Cool Foods microsite for a complete product roundup and list of savings!
The Cool Food savings at Publix are as cool as these:
- Buy any 1 Friendship Dairies Cottage Cheese get one free (16 oz).
- On sale for $10.99 Wyman’s of Maine Fruit (any variety) (3-lb).
What are you waiting for?
How to make Blueberry Cottage Cheese Pancakes
Cottage Cheese is a staple in my fridge and having Wyman’s of Maine Wild Blueberries in my freezer is like having the best of the summer harvest available all year-round!
Following is a printable version of my recipe. I hope you like it as much as we do.
Blueberry Cottage Cheese Pancakes
- 1/3 Cup milk
- 1 ½ Cups Friendship Dairies Cottage Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 ½ Teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ Teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ Teaspoons baking powder
- ½ Teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 ½ Cups Wyman’s of Maine Wild Blueberries unthawed
- ¾ Cup all purpose flour
- Butter to grease the pan
- Orange blossom Honey for serving
- In a large bowl whisk together egg yolks, milk, cottage cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, salt, baking powder, baking soda and lemon zest.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg whites until form soft peaks are formed.
- In a medium bowl add flour and blueberries and make sure the berries are fully coated in the flour.
- Add flour mixture to the cottage cheese mixture, and stir to combine without over mixing.
- Add egg whites and fold into the mixture with a spatula.
- Preheat a skillet to medium heat and grease it but butter.
- Pour ½ cup scoops of batter into the skillet and cook until the edges of the pancakes begging to brown and you can see bubbles on the top, around 3-4 minutes.
- Flip the pancakes and cook 1 more minute.
- Serve with honey.