This post is also available in: Español
Grilled Salmon with a Spice and Thyme Rub
- 4 salmon fillets with the skin
- ¼ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of allspice
- ¼ teaspoon of ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon of dried thyme leaves
- ¼ teaspoon of paprika
- ½ teaspoon of brown sugar
- Soak some apple wood chips in water.
- Heat the grill (better if it’s a charcoal grill.)
- In a mortar, add all the spices, thyme, sugar and salt, and muddle.
- Spread the spice and thyme jerk over the top of the salmon filets and press with your fingers.
- Place the filets on the grill, skin side down.
- Add a couple of apple chips to the fire so it will smoke.
- Grill the fillets off the direct fire for 12-15 minutes, with the grill covered to smoke the fish.
Thank you for saving and sharing this grilled salmon recipe on Pinterest.