This post is also available in: Español
This Rum and Mustard BBQ Pork Ribs recipe is part of my collaboration as brand ambassador of the National Pork Board’s “Pork Es Sabor” grilling season. Thank you for reading and supporting the brands that make Savoir Faire possible.I can’t believe summer is almost over. Both of my kids went back to school, and I’m officially the mom of two high schoolers. Yesterday my big boy told me: “Mom, I only have one more summer before I go to college”. OMG, I’m not ready for that! So, I’m going to make the most of these couple weeks before the summer season really ends and that only means grilling!
To minimize time outdoors, I cooked my Rum and Mustard BBQ Pork Ribs, first in the oven, and then finished them on the grill. Believe me: there is no better way to do pork ribs.This time I divided the rack into two pieces, seasoned them with a dry rub, and oven roasted sealed in an aluminum foil envelope. That’s my secret for the most tender, juiciest pork ribs. While the ribs were in the oven, I made my rum and mustard BBQ sauce, which I used abundantly to brush the pork ribs.
My kids don’t want to speak Spanish but pork wise, they are 100% Latinos. There is no discussion. Did you know that ribs and chops are the two favorite pork cuts of Hispanics in the U.S.? They are extremely flavorful and very accessible.When grilling pork, you don’t need to be a chef to create mouthwatering dishes like these Rum and Mustard BBQ Pork Ribs. I have no doubt this is what we’re going to have again during our Labor Day BBQ.Without further ado, I’m going to share my delicious Rum and Mustard BBQ Pork Ribs but not without inviting you to watch the next video with the step-by-step recipe, subscribe to my YouTube channel and visit www.PorkEsSabor.com for more delicious pork recipes.
Rum and Mustard BBQ Pork Ribs
- 2 racks of pork ribs
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons scallions finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons rum
- Preheat the oven to 250˚F.
- In a bowl, combine the ingredients for the dry rub: paprika, 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, salt, cumin, cinnamon, black pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Dry the ribs with paper towels, peel the thin membrane that covers the bone side and discard it. Cut the rack into 2 pieces.
- Place the ribs in an aluminum foil covered baking sheet.
- Season the ribs on both sides, with the dry rub. Be as generous as you can on the meat side.
- Cover the ribs with aluminum foil and seal them.
- Bake for 1½ hour until the meat thermometer marks 155˚F-160˚F.
- In the meantime, in a small pot over medium heat, add the oil and sauté the onion, scallion and garlic, until wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, the rest of the sugar, mustard, water and rum, stir and bring to boil.
- Once it boils, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Reserve.
- Preheat a charcoal grill.
- Place the cooked ribs on the grill, over indirect fire and brush them both sides, with abundant rum and mustard BBQ sauce.
- Grill covered for 5 minutes.
Thank you for saving and sharing this Rum and Mustard BBQ Pork Ribs recipe on Pinterest.
Buy what you need with the help of my Amazon affiliate links
Price: $12.62Was: $16.00
Price: Out of stock