These grilled asparagus with truffle oil are all you need to take your barbecue to the next level. They are the perfect side dish. And I promise you that once you try them, they will become part of your permanent grilling repertoire!
I love spring … although in South Florida that only means summer has come. And I adore asparagus… and as you know spring is the season for asparagus…
I love truffle oil and I love everything grilled… So, for all that and more, I decided to make grilled truffled asparagus. After having them, I must confess that I had never, ever, eaten asparagus as delicious as these ones… No doubt, these are the best grilled asparagus ever!
Seasoning with Truffle Oil and Tuscan Herbs
To season my asparagus I used Tuscan herbs. These herbs are the Italian equivalent of my favorites, the very delicious and aromatic herbs of Provence.
If you don’t have Tuscan herbs on hand, you can make your own blend. All you have to do is combine dry basil, oregano, parsley, rosemary, and thyme, in equal parts. Then, add some red pepper flakes to that mixture, and a pinch of sea salt and that’s it. A teaspoon of this blend is all you need to make your asparagus taste like heaven.
Another simpler, but equally delicious option is to season the asparagus with coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. If you don’t have truffle oil on hand, you can substitute a good extra virgin olive oil.
How to make asparagus on the grill
The trick to getting your asparagus to its point is to first marinate them with the oil and herbs. Then you grill them quickly. How long do you cook asparagus on the grill? Or how long does it take to grill asparagus?
The idea is that they are tender but firm. As the nature of the asparagus is fragile, I like to roast them in a perforated grilling pan and for no more of 4-5 minutes, depending on the thickness of the spears.
To make this recipe, you will need some utensils and ingredients that you can easily find online, through my Amazon Affiliate Program, including:
- Wooden cutting board
- Black truffle oil or extra virgin olive oil
- Tuscan herbs or Herbs de Provence
- Coarse sea salt
- Sartén para grill
- Charcoal grill
- Grilling tools
Grilled Asparagus with Truffle Oil
- 2 pounds asparagus the white portion of the stalk trimmed
- 2-3 tablespoons black truffle oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Coarse sea salt
- 1 tablespoon Tuscan herbs
- Rinse the asparagus and dry them with paper towels.
- Put the asparagus in a shallow dish, add the oil, herbs, salt and let them marinate for 15 minutes.
- Place the asparagus in a perforated grilling pan and grill them for 4 to 5 minutes, moving the pan so they don’t burn. You may want to slightly char them for flavor purposes.
Hungry for more asparagus recipes? Check these out: