Olive Oil, Garlic & Anchovy Capellini. In a perfect world, there would be pasta everyday… Simple pasta with olive oil and garlic, just like these olive oil, garlic & anchovy capellini. So, when all you’re doing is baking Christmas goodies… you would have a good bowl of pasta to remind you about the flavors you love and how life is beautiful…
This recipe is pretty much the same as my pasta aglio e olio, with the wonderful addition of salty anchovy filets. I love it!
Olive Oil, Garlic & Anchovies Capellini
- 1 package of Capellini or Vermicelli Angel's Hair
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 8-10 garlic cloves finely sliced
- 1 2- oz can of flat anchovies in olive oil drained and cut into bits
- 1 cup leaves of flat parsley coarsely chopped
- Coarse sea salt
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Put the water for the pasta to boil.
- Add the olive oil to a saucepan on low to medium heat and sauté the garlic for about 8-10 minutes, until brown. Set aside.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta al dente and strain it. To stop cooking, let some fresh water run on top of the pasta and strain it again.
- Put the pasta in a bowl, add the olive oil and garlic and stir, add the anchovies and the parsley and combine. Add salt to taste.
- Serve warm with red pepper flakes and parmesan cheese.
Did you make this recipe?Tag @enrilemoine on Instagram and hashtag it #byenrilemoine. Thank you!
Thank you for saving and sharing this Olive Oil, Garlic & Anchovy Capellini recipe on Pinterest.