This post is also available in: Español
Buttery Tomato Pasta Sauce with Fresh Basil
- 1 package of farfalle bow-tie noodles
- 4 Tbs. of butter
- ½ onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 pounds of ripe tomatoes peeled, and lightly processed in a food processor
- 2 Tbs. of sugar
- Coarse sea salt
- Fresh basil leaves
- Grated Parmesan cheese I used Grana Padano
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and sauté the onion and garlic until soft, 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook them until boiling.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 25 minutes.
- Add the sugar and salt to taste.
- Simmer uncovered for 5 more minutes.
- In the meantime, put the water for the pasta to boil.
- Cook the pasta and once it’s al dente, strain it.
- In a bowl combine the pasta with the tomato sauce and sprinkle some basil leaves.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese.
Thank you for saving and sharing this buttery tomato sauce recipe on Pinterest.
[amazon_link asins=’B003EXVM70,B0000UV01S,B001O8U8J0,0307346587,1936941023,0385349440,1524731617,0385349483,0385349467′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’lemoine-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’ef70b2a6-2611-11e8-bb4a-eb890f83af69′]