Buttery Tomato Pasta Sauce with Fresh Basil
- 1 package of farfalle bow-tie noodles
- 4 Tbs. of butter
- ½ onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 pounds of ripe tomatoes peeled, and lightly processed in a food processor
- 2 Tbs. of sugar
- Coarse sea salt
- Fresh basil leaves
- Grated Parmesan cheese I used Grana Padano
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and sauté the onion and garlic until soft, 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook them until boiling.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 25 minutes.
- Add the sugar and salt to taste.
- Simmer uncovered for 5 more minutes.
- In the meantime, put the water for the pasta to boil.
- Cook the pasta and once it’s al dente, strain it.
- In a bowl combine the pasta with the tomato sauce and sprinkle some basil leaves.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese.
Thank you for saving and sharing this buttery tomato sauce recipe on Pinterest.