This post is also available in: Español
Savory Albacore Tuna Polvorosa
- 2 pie dough recipes
- 3 Tbs . olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 celery stalk finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 cup crushed or finely diced tomatoes
- 4 7- oz cans of albacore tuna packed in water strained and grossly crumbled
- ¾ cup raisins
- ¾ cup red pepper stuffed manzanilla olives sliced
- 1 cup white wine
- Coarse sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1 Tsp . molasses
- In a deep pan over medium heat, sauté the onions and garlic in olive oil for 5 minutes, until wilted.
- Add celery, red bell pepper and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Add tomatoes, tuna, raisins, olives and wine and cook uncovered until it boils.
- Boil for 5 minutes, until the liquids reduce to half.
- Lower the heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes. Reserve.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough of one recipe, with a dusted roller, until ½ to ¼ inch thick.
- Transfer the dough to a pie dish and slightly press the bottom and sides of the dish. Roll the roller over the edges to trim them.
- Evenly pour the tuna stew and fill the pie dish.
- Add more flour to the working surface and roll the other pie recipe with a dusted roller, until ½ to ¼ inch thick.
- Cover the pie dish with the dough.
- Roll the roller over the edges and evenly trim them.
- Evenly prick the pie with a fork.
- Bake in the middle rack of the oven for 45 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a bowl, whisk the egg and the molasses with a fork.
- Brush the pie with the egg and molasses mixture and bake it for 5 more minutes, until golden.
- Let stand in a cooling rack for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Thank you for saving and sharing this Tuna Polvorosa recipe con Pinterest.1